Lets help get Jeremy, Richard and James hired at Netflix!

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
We're saved! *facepalm*

There's a really weird trend on this forum where the people with the most internet posts actually think they matter in the real world.
Yep. I called Reed Hastings and he said he was on board with the plan, but he didn't have Hammond, May, or Jezza's phone numbers. No biggie, I have them in my phone so I just sent those over too. The new season starts filming as soon a Reed's check clears.

Or, maybe, I was just saying I was piling on with the idea. And maybe the reason I have so many "internet points" is because I generally don't act like a dick (or at least I'm funny about it; I mean c'mon, you weren't even funny).

Oh, and for the sake of argument here is what I actually said (emphasis added):
It might not get us anywhere, but I sent them an email. I would love to see the Trio return on Netflix without the BBC censors at the switch.

Last edited:

speedyvespa

Car(s)
Range Rover, Porsche 911 T, Mini Cooper S, Audi TT
It almost certainly won't influence anything, but it can't harm either. I'm pretty sure that calling the chaps is pretty high up on Netflix's to-do list, it's a no-brainer. I'm sure that a lot of subscription channels are tuning up their accountants too.

Having said all of this, let's not forget that the tension between the Beeb's public charter commitments that meant they were restricted and edited, plus the shoestring budget (relative to the audience size) was somehow part of the charm that made the JC-era Top Gear what it was.

Somehow, a big-budget and unfiltered Top Gear doesn't appeal quite as much. Mostly because of the ongoing spectacle of the chaps being a thorn in the side of authority.

jmb

Car(s)
BMW 120D M-Sport
I'd rather it wasn't on netflix as I'd have to pay more, and I can't get that through my Sky box. Watching TG on a juddering stream on my laptop with its tinny speakers would suck.

kurthest

Car(s)
2008 BMW 335i Coupe (e92)
I'd rather it wasn't on netflix as I'd have to pay more, and I can't get that through my Sky box. Watching TG on a juddering stream on my laptop with its tinny speakers would suck.
For what you get, Netflix is incredibly cheap.
Easiest way to watch Netflix if probably through an AppleTV box, which is also cheap.
Really shouldn't be a big deal if you are a fan of the show, and you get so much cool stuff to watch.
They have some amazing series on Netflix.

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
You can also watch on tablets or other mobile devices, computers, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Smart TVs, most networked entertainment centers, Playstation, and XBox.

Plus, this might be enough to push Netflix to expand into other markets where TG is already popular.

mitchell.scott

Car(s)
2017 VW GLI
Literally every Internet connected device in my house apart from my printer connects perfect with Netflix. The options are endless and the quality is great.

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
Ever heard of an HDMI cable?

peta303

Car(s)
2002 ?koda Fabia estate, 2009 Roomster
Not every laptop necessarily has one.

Rex Luther

Car(s)
Honda Jaaaaaazz, 89 M-B 300 CE
I don't have the right hardware, so its Netflix fault for not running perfectly?

Hive

Car(s)
MTR
I'm worried Jeremy might punch Netflix in the face..
Better if he goes to CNN or Fox

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
Not every laptop necessarily has one.
$49 for a Google Chromecast is hardly expensive. Then you just need a smartphone to control it.

My biggest worry about the TG3 continuing somewhere else would keeping the production values, with the right music and everything else. Somewhere like Netflix might be ideal as I'm sure they could just throw money at it (and they threw A LOT of money around for House of Cards).

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
It might not get us anywhere, but I sent them an email. I would love to see the Trio return on Netflix without the BBC censors at the switch.
Yeah, the BBC censors... who let them get away with countless things that a privately run station dependent on advertising money would without doubt not let happen.

kurthest

Car(s)
2008 BMW 335i Coupe (e92)
$49 for a Google Chromecast is hardly expensive. Then you just need a smartphone to control it.

My biggest worry about the TG3 continuing somewhere else would keeping the production values, with the right music and everything else. Somewhere like Netflix might be ideal as I'm sure they could just throw money at it (and they threw A LOT of money around for House of Cards).
I'm not too worried about the music tbh.
The music I'd most like to hear comes out of the tailpipes of cars featured.

Cavi Mike

Car(s)
1986 325e, 1987 Corolla, 2000 328Ci
And maybe the reason I have so many "internet points" is because I generally don't act like a dick
Points? I said posts. POSTS. What, you really thought your little circle-jerk you guys have going on for 'rep' actually means something?

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Points or posts, you're the one who brought it up - not me.

ahpadt

Forum Addict
ITV had been the favourite to hire the three stars.
But the broadcaster is nervous about taking them on in case motormouth Clarkson criticises one of its advertisers.
The source said: ?Netflix are definitely the keenest to sign the trio.
?ITV get millions from car advertising. And they are worried Jeremy will upset one of the motoring manufacturers.?
Imagine "This show is brought to you by Skoda" followed by Jeremy saying "I'd rather have herpes than a Skoda"

:roflmao: