Lets help get Jeremy, Richard and James hired at Netflix!

KroniK907

So its pretty obvious that several Networks are going to try and pickup the trio, however I personally would like to see Netflix pick them up. They have the funding to do it right (they have spent something like $9 Million per episode of Marco Polo, and its estimated that the BBC spends about that much for an entire season of Top Gear), and they wouldn't have any sort of restrictions that come with being hired by an actual TV network.

So first I have created a petition here which you should sign: https://www.change.org/p/netflix-hi...nd-richard-hammond-to-make-their-own-car-show

And you can also email Netflix directly here: pr@netflix.com

Show your support for the Top Gear Trio and help get them hired in a place that can make their show thrive!

Signed.

Hope not. Netflix is a steaming pile of ****

Not Netflix - I have to pay for enough TV as it is.

Don't bother signing. Unless they go to ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5 we have to pay more money.

I wouldn't mind seeing the show continue on Netflix as I've recently signed up but I don't think a petition to netflix is going to make it happen, it'll depend on whether or not "The Trio" want to do it and what Wilman's plans are or what the Top Gear teams' plans are.
What if it's just Clarkson getting a show, I'd still watch it but it's not going to be Top Gear it'll just be his christmas DVD in 10 episodes once a year.

I think it would be great to see on Netflix. Not sure why people would bitch about having to pay for it, as Netflix is insanely good value for money. (I only pay 11 bucks a month for it) Having said that, an online petition is going to do jack.

A petition? What? First of all, who says the trio even want to go to Netflix? Like they would ever consider working in America, or like Netflix is gonna set up a UK division just for these guys. Give me a break dude. This is stupid.

A petition? What? First of all, who says the trio even want to go to Netflix? Like they would ever consider working in America, or like Netflix is gonna set up a UK division just for these guys. Give me a break dude. This is stupid.

Whether or not they would want to make a Netflix show aside them being in the UK isn't going to be what is stopping them from making a program on Netflix, Netflix seems to becoming an international content provider and is perfectly willing to make programming outside of the USA.

Don't bother signing. Unless they go to ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5 we have to pay more money.

Maybe you should express your views to your elected representatives when the BBC license fee renewal issue comes up. If you don't have to pay the BBC for all the programming you don't like, you'd have money for Top Gear.

Another point is that like the BBC, NetFlix has NO advertisers and NO sponsors. They can be as critical of vehicles as they like without fear of recriminations towards (and passed on by) the broadcaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Whether or not they would want to make a Netflix show aside them being in the UK isn't going to be what is stopping them from making a program on Netflix, Netflix seems to becoming an international content provider and is perfectly willing to make programming outside of the USA.

Yup. NetFlix shows are currently being shot in Los Angeles, New York City, the Florida Keys... and Canada, Italy, Kazakhstan and Malaysia.

Edit: And yes, this petition will never get anything resolved.

Last edited:
Petitions are useless but Top Gear on Netflix would be a great binge watch, not to mention no sponsors to worry about.

I disagree that a petition is pointless in this case. It does serve one really good purpose, it shows that there is demand. But on the other hand, they already know who watches the episodes on their service. They could probably accurately predict how many people would watch new episodes. The only benefit for Netflix is to determine how many new subscribers they could get by offering self produced Top Gear.

It might not get us anywhere, but I sent them an email. I would love to see the Trio return on Netflix without the BBC censors at the switch.

It's a lot better than "This episode of Clarkson Gear is brought to you by Hyundai" or ad breaks every 15 minutes.

I'm just imagining an old-timey-type show where the hosts keep "seamlessly" drifting in and out of Hyundai ads, written into the script of the show. Something like:

...or, likely he was just saying he was adding to the pile, with realistic expectations in knowing that it probably wouldn't do anything, and his high post count was inconsequential? Do you always need to take the stance of a pessimistic curmudgeon? In...like...just about every post?