Let's talk about AIRGUNS!

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Alright, let's get two things straight:
-No firearms (there is already a thread for that)
-No airsoft (let's keep the focus)

I have those:

3358575267_e34e486f94_b.jpg

Gamo CFX .177
Gamo Deltafox .177 (my girlfriend's gun)
I have won a few throphies and medals in Field Target with this gun. It is kinda heavy and the loading is a bit clumsy because it is a fixed barrel, but it's power and acccuracy are phenomenal for a springer.I already replaced the trigger and gave it a light tunning (polished the chamber, heavier tophat, etc..) Since the spring is about to be replaced, I am considering putting a gas ram in it's place.

Me having fun in the backyard:
[YOUTUBE]B7xGOcDyvek[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]QAOtrHQb4_4[/YOUTUBE]

What do you guys (and girls) have?

Feinwerkbau P44
696992_fwb_p44_1240_large-1.jpg

with a Rink grip
fwbp44lrb01.jpg

And I've got a 'box'-thingy so I can shoot it in the livingroom :mrgreen:

I started with a Rohm Twinmaster Top.

pistol-twinmaster-top.jpg

Then moved to a Twinmaster Match

twinmaster-competicion-match.jpg

And eventually made the switch to rifle and now use a Walther LGM-1.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/06/P3060030.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/06/P3060031.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/06/P3060032.JPG

My dad uses a Steyr LP10

STEYR%20LP%2010%20blackvgfsjkghkfr.jpg

And my brother has an old CO2 Walther CPM-1.

Walther_CPM-1_Medium.jpg

In the house we also have an old .22 pistol, an old .22 rifle and a 19th century German .177 rifle.

Last edited:
Aside from the fact that these appear to be of much higher quality, what exactly is the difference between and argun and an arisoft gun?

mgkdk: I envy you... :p I believe the box thingie is a "target holder". I have one of those as well. Very good for practicing.
peter3hg: You also have some very nice guns!

I would like to shoot 10 meters pistols, but the cots here is just prohibitive. Guns like yours end up costing USD3,000-4,000, that's why I currently shoot field target, where my USD500 gun can achieve top scores.
Also, what do you guys think about posting some groupings?

smib: To the best of my knowledge, the main difference is that airsoft is meant to replicate an existing weapon and to be used in simulated combats, that is, you shoot it at other people. Airguns, on the other hand, are meant to be used for hunting, target shooting, etc, (pretty much like a firearm) but what propels its projectiles is compressed air from a reservoir or compressed air from a piston and spring that are released the moment you pull the triger, instead of gunpowder. Also, they usually aren't made to look like a firearm, they are bespoke designs. If there is anything else you want to know or if I wasn't clear in any of the points, please ask me and I will be happy to help. :)

Last edited:
Those are some crazy stocks/handgrips. Why is it that airguns always look so strange?

Also, what kind of muzzle velocities and ranges can these things do?

^ Ergonomics/function > looks

Those are some crazy stocks/handgrips. Why is it that airguns always look so strange?

Proper target .22 pistols look just as whacky.

http://img72.imageshack.**/img72/7696/ts22wu0.jpg

A target pistol like mgkdk's will do about 500fps

Modern 10m target rifles are about 600fps

A field target rifle (like this) will do about 800fps.

Range wise, the indoor target guns only need to a max of 25yds for competition but you can probably still be pretty accurate to at least 40m. The field target guns do up to 55yd competitions I believe so I suppose you might see 70m out of them.

That wacky stocks/grips are usually found in target guns for accuracy purposes. They need to fit the shooter's hands perfectly. The more common guns usually look more like firearms. For example, my Gamo CFX:
gamo_cfx10.jpg

Muzzle velocity depends HEAVILY on the purpose, like Peter3gh said.
Going supersonic is bad for such small ammo, but even still you can get some PCP's to shoot over 1000fps (sometimes about 1400!) using a lightweight .177 pellet.
For hunting, there are many larger caliber airguns (.22 to .50) that can easily take down large game as easily as a firearm, but usually an airgun shooting in the 900-1000 range is considered "high power".

Target guns rarely shoot faster than 600 fps, as they only need to shoot 10 meters.
As for range, check it out:
[YOUTUBE]I5md7Ke4BsA[/YOUTUBE]
:mrgreen:

Smoothbore or rifled?

Not quite understood your question, but smoothbore airguns are either very old or very crappy.

Look what I did while adjusting the open sights on a friend?s new rifle.

3726317109_d3e20872d6_b.jpg

:mrgreen:

10 meters, standing, .177 caliber air rifle.

Peter3hg, I know that?s not the proper target, but does it make any less awesome? :mrgreen:
Of course it seems like "cheating" to use a pistol target, but I was using a cheap rifle, not a match rifle, and also, we didn?t had rifle targets at the time.

EDIT: Speaking of R?hm pistols, how good are they? They recently appeared in our market and the price is much cheaper than the usual Steyr, Feinwerkbau, etc.
Please tell me about your new gun!

Last edited:
^ Nice one :D

Seems like this is some kind of euro thing then. We can actually get guns in the new world so.... alright then.

The wood on that one target pistol is pretty awesome though. Blue grain? Awesome.

EDIT: Speaking of R?hm pistols, how good are they? They recently appeared in our market and the price is much cheaper than the usual Steyr, Feinwerkbau, etc.
Please tell me about your new gun!

My first two pistols were R?hms, the Twinmaster Top and the Twinmaster Match. I could (and still can) happily shoot +180x200 with them. The Top is a bit underpowered and tends to rip the card rather than cut a clean hole, that might just have been some worn seals though. The Match was a much better gun, and the twin stage trigger and less fiddly loading system really helps.

I'll get pictures of my new gun up soon.

My first two pistols were R?hms, the Twinmaster Top and the Twinmaster Match. I could (and still can) happily shoot +180x200 with them. The Top is a bit underpowered and tends to rip the card rather than cut a clean hole, that might just have been some worn seals though. The Match was a much better gun, and the twin stage trigger and less fiddly loading system really helps.

I'll get pictures of my new gun up soon.

Thanks for the info!
At least give us the make and model of your new gun. :p

Ok then, it is a Feinwerkbau 700.

1128008_fwb-700.jpg

Holy screaming tap-dancing lead pellet on a stick! I love those!