Lexus 'F'

F is a really stupid name for Performance branded Lexus's.

Everytime I hear F I think of either getting a F in school or Failed in general.

What was wrong with the letter Q? Everyone loves the letter Q...and Q sounds a lot cooler than F.

Good Point... Q does sound pretty cool, but I'm sure F will get stuck in our minds as cool just like how BMW did with the M and honda did with the R

2008 Lexus IS-F revealed

[Like this? Digg it!] Lexus today unveiled the IS-F luxury sedan at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The all-new 2008 IS-F will target the BMW M3 and Audi RS4, delivering more than 400 horsepower and 350 ft.-lbs. of torque from a 5.0-liter V8 engine. It will eventually be offered as a two-door coupe, as well.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/01/08/2008-lexus-is-f/

1-2008-lexus-is-f.jpg

Is that real? It's so much more aggressive than I would've expected from Lexus - I mean that bonnet bulge is enormous, and those vents behind the front wheel (hmm do you think they had packaging & cooling problems? :p).

I like it - the bonnet bulge is a bit bluff at the front, but I'm being picky. It's aggro, and classy, it works.

It looks a little low for a factory worked on production vehicle. It looks good, but to be honest I thought it would of looked alot better.

I think that looks amazing, Lexus is definetly heading for the right direction! Standard IS250 looks miles better than it's archrivals, 3-series and A4. This IS-F looks better that new M3 and RS4 togeter!

That hood bulge looks ungainly, and the rest looks kind of bulky. Jury's still out on that massive wheel vent, but at least it's (gasp!) an interesting Lexus. :blink:

3-2008-lexus-is-f.jpg

Ugh? Sedans should not have long protruding hoods like that. I blame the Aston Martin Rapide for starting that trend.

I think it looks very nice. I do not know about performance or cost, but I still like the RS4.

if it had a manual...

I've come 180deg - after looking at the IS-F for a while more, it's too overdone. The bonnet bulge is incredibly awkward & out of proportion - it almost looks like the sort of thing they'd put on a prototype. The fender vents are just too much - sure, if they need vents to extract some hot engine-bay air then put some on there, but these look like a refugee from a LeMans racer.

You've tried too hard Lexus - look at the RS, M, & AMG cars for the look you should be aiming for - restrained muscle.

As for the LF-A - that should be the next Supra, not a Lexus.

F is just a bad letter when you're goin for sporty. you need something with a hard consonant sound like ecks(x) tho that ones been overused or one that has like a buildup and then a cool down like AARRRrrr(R) OR SMOOOTH like esssss(S) or mix two. efff(F) sounds like you're fumbling for words at the end or like it just ffffffizzles out even though it looks the part

I've come 180deg - after looking at the IS-F for a while more, it's too overdone. The bonnet bulge is incredibly awkward & out of proportion - it almost looks like the sort of thing they'd put on a prototype. The fender vents are just too much - sure, if they need vents to extract some hot engine-bay air then put some on there, but these look like a refugee from a LeMans racer.

You've tried too hard Lexus - look at the RS, M, & AMG cars for the look you should be aiming for - restrained muscle.

As for the LF-A - that should be the next Supra, not a Lexus.
Thank God, I thought you'd gone mad for a moment :p

I agree with the rest of your comments. I think its OTT and should be aiming for a more restrained look to get my approval. Boy, the ricers are gonna love this...