Lexus 'F'

I wonder if they'll make an FUV.

Come on, you were all thinking of FU jokes too.

An eff you vehicle? I like it!

I don't care how good the performance is, in my mind Lexus is and always will be the generic cereal of luxury cars.

2104.jpg
<--Lexus
cheerios.gif
<---Mercedes, BMW, etc...

hmm.. their top notch model could be called Super Turbo Fast Undergog, STFU for short.. :lmao:

I don't care how good the performance is, in my mind Lexus is and always will be the generic cereal of luxury cars.

2104.jpg
<--Lexus
cheerios.gif
<---Mercedes, BMW, etc...

might as well toss MB in with Lexus

As a Lexus fanboy, this is a pretty cool concept but its going to take a very long time to get the same reputation as BMW's M range

I don't think that will be the case if they do it right. It's a pretty simple formula: big, powerful engine, 5-or-6-speed manual gearbox, RWD. The end. It doesn't get much simpler than that. Being Japanese, Toyota/Lexus already has quality and reliability down pat, this shouldn't be a hard feat for them. Just don't screw it up!

And it'll scare away pussy drivers and attract enthusiasts who drive real cars, not those pretend FWD boxes on wheels that some people call "cars".

also seeing as this will be Lexus' first time trying to get into this segment, i can see them overengineering the car just to prove that they can do it and how well they can do it. Think about the Honda Ridgeline. Honda brought a new truck into a market saturated with trucks, so they had to make a name. they made one that was overengineered and got everyones attention. End result, it works, and i've been told it's miles better.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Lexus comes up with.

i heard somewhere that F stands for Formula because of Toyota's Formula 1 exp, sounds more logical that 'fast'

^ ive read that it stands for "flagship". The LS for example was known internally as the F1, as in "flagship 1"

And its been confirmed that no manual will be available

And its been confirmed that no manual will be available
YES! HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING EXHILARATION!!!1
Look, Mercedes can get away with it because they've had a reputation for frighteningly fast Q-ships that they've built up for the last 100 years. But if Lexus wants to be taken seriously, then they should suck it up and stop developing pointless electronic crap and invest in a proper manual that can coexist with the presumably amazing engine. It's really not that hard...:rolleyes:

I don't think that will be the case if they do it right. It's a pretty simple formula: big, powerful engine, 5-or-6-speed manual gearbox, RWD. The end. It doesn't get much simpler than that. Being Japanese, Toyota/Lexus already has quality and reliability down pat, this shouldn't be a hard feat for them. Just don't screw it up!

And it'll scare away pussy drivers and attract enthusiasts who drive real cars, not those pretend FWD boxes on wheels that some people call "cars".

Yeah but Lexus doesn't know how to make a manual... The original Manual Tranny IS300 was an alright car. Alright for all eight of them they made.

It is going to have that funky 8 speed gearbox from the LS. I mean come on 6 speed autos are kind of stretching it and then MB is just silly with the 7 speed auto, which almost never even engages first gear, 8 speeds is just too much.

it will have the ls460 v8 in tune of 420+hp, it has been tested about 6months at ?ring, several spyphotos has been released in worldcarfans and ams. Those test cars had also the funky exhaust, too bad they didnt go the concept way with three sentral, like the one photoshop: http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphot...jcf/lexus/high-performance-lexus-is-500-coupe

Here is the fake exhaust, but looking similar:
http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphot...e/1/country/jcf/lexus/spy-photos-lexus-is-500

And a cabriolet concept i liked:
http://www.worldcarfans.com/photos.cfm/photoid/3050111.001/country/jcf/Lexus/lexus-lf-c-concept

lexus_is_f_250.jpg

Not a fan of the exhaust...

It's like they tried to copy the Porsche thing but couldn't be bothered making them overlap properly like theirs... They just look like one has come loose.

Lexus makes alot better Autotrannys then manuals..
on the new IS250 the auto is only 0.2sec slower to 100kph, but it lowers the CO2 emmisions alot from the manual and uses less fule...
the only other autos i know of that can bost the same is VWs DSG.. but then again .. same teknology so no suprise

PS: larger picture
bb_46753.jpeg