• it can beat the C63 AMG and the RS4 but not the M3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it can beat the C63 AMG but not the RS4 and the M3

• This poll is lame!

• Total voters

Kebab gud

after almost 10 years of waithing.. its finaly here ... in september!
the IS500 (or IS460... )
6060714.002.mini1L.jpg

6060714.002.1L.jpg

6060714.002.mini3L.jpg

6060714.002.mini4L.jpg

6060714.002.mini5L.jpg

2335.jpg

Can Lexus take on the E92 M3, C63AMG and the RS4 head on and win?
but the beat part is..... its nanny-free!
acording to worldcarfans.com the new LS460 is the first lexus that you can turn off the "nanny"....
so all signs poits to a TRUE driverscar.. with a big V8 ..
So .. can it hold its own ?

Speedwise maybe but I doubt that they will be able to match those cars in refinement. Not with their first attempt.

I think it could match up well with the Merc AMGs (huge speed, great cruiser; competent in the twisties but not particularly involving), but not on the first attempt, and it certainly won't compete with the M or RS models in terms of being an actual sports car.

Well, the merc is more of a super cruiser than a sportscar, so IMO it dosen't really fit in with the lexus and the two others...

I think it will tie with the Audi, but of course be demolished by the E92 M3, maybe not in a straight line but definetly with handling (Dosen't show i'm biased does it?)

All this is speculation so time will tell (a story of yet another victories M3 hopefully)

M3lover said:
(Dosen't show i'm biased does it?)

Yeah, I can sense some connection between your name and your views, but I can't exactly put my finger on it....
:p

I doubt the interior will be as nice as any of the others, but if toyota puts any of their racing experience into this it might be able to keep up with everyone on performance

They need to ditch the bra on the front end and rear bumper. :D

Cobol74 said:
Looks like a Beemer with some dustbin bags stuck down on the front.

I'd swear BMW has been trying to copy the Japanese with the styling the past few years.

So is this car going to get the hybrid driveline like the LS400h or LS600h? Or is this car going to be powered by nothing but Lots of Gasoline and 8 cylinders?

I still think they missed the boat with the last IS/Altezza chassis. Should have produced the IS430 that Rod Millen helped them make for Sema, would have been an excellent time to come out with an M3 killer.

PS. I voted "this poll is lame" since there is no REAL info about the next M3 and only thing about this is a possible name.

Doesn't have a hope in hell. Who cares how much is under the bonnet - its whether the chassis can support it. I'm not convinced it can be better than those listed because of the the IS250/350's track record so far.

But don't get me wrong....I'm a big fan of the Lexus IS :)

zenkidori said:
I think Japanese cars are becoming too German.
In any market, thats a good thing but particularly in the luxury car market because "luxury" Japanese cars have usually been quite awefull at their attempts to be "luxury" and "stylish".

Hopefully Lexus continue building cars that are reliable unlike the Germans :)

Lexus making a car in which you really can switch off the nanny-aids? I'd like to see that but I'm not going to hold my breath...

It's gonna be real reliable, but I doubt if it can match the build-quality of the major German companies. But just because it isn't a german, I like it :D

My guess, judging by what has been said about the IS and Lexuses in general: it won't be as involved as the RS4 and M3, but might tie the C63, which is also getting rather long in the tooth compared to the others.

Also, will it have a manual?

no word on tranny as of yet ... but from what i hear .. the tranny in the IS350 is quite good..
and lets not forget that toyota has the right to make one of thoses dual clutch tranny thingis..

His Holiness: pleace. Lexus passed the germans in build-quality ages ago..
(trust me.. i have had a E46, a CLK and now an IS.. the CLK ffs lost it whole dashbord!.. ok ok it came loose..)
lets face it whent it comes to building a car.-. Lexus is ahead..
when it comes to building a sports saloon.. thats where they need to prove to us that they can beat the others..
i just hope that they have used engineers from Toyota Technocraft, they have shown that with a V8.. there king..
(SuperGT)