Lexus Flagship Gets New Price Tag

The LS600H-L is more like a mini-Maybach than a big Camry. I would MUCH rather be in the back of the Lexus than the Maserati.

http://img99.imageshack.**/img99/2174/2008lexusls600hybridint.jpg

Those seats are brilliant.

WOW. That looks nice. Good thing you can't see the exterior from that reclined massaging throne ;)

Does this accelerate without waring and rust in 3 years like the other ones? :lol:

No, it rusts without warning and accelerates in 3 years instead. :D

And a Veyron has a standard VW switchblade keyfob. Your point? :dunno:

Exactly. And if you tear the leather on an Aston Martin V8 Vantage key fob, you find black plastic with "Volvo" painted on it. Lexus is hardly alone here.

Personally, if I had $100,000+ to spend on some awesome car, whether it was a supercar or a massive luxury sedan, I hope that I'd be too busy enjoying it to worry about who manufactured the buttons or the key fob...

I think we are really overlooking something here...

The 2010 model year brings a price increase for most Lexus models, ranging from $300 for the IS 250 and IS 350 to $900 for the GS 450h and SC 430.

They still make the motherfucking SC430?!

The LS600H-L is more like a mini-Maybach than a big Camry. I would MUCH rather be in the back of the Lexus than the Maserati.

Same here. I'd much rather be behind the wheel of the Maserati.

Does this accelerate without waring and rust in 3 years like the other ones? :lol:

My parents have an older LS430 for the last 8 years, no sign of rust or sudden acceleration yet if that helps.

Toyota wasn't shit 8 years ago though so it's irrelevant.

The LS 600hL is a fantastic car, I saw it at the Melbourne Motor Show.

You cannot be more discreet in a luxury car.

Im not sure you're really in a position to dictate which top end luxury car you can accept from someone :rolleyes: :lol:

:lol:

I think I'm in the minority of people here who actually like the LS. The back seat is insanely comfortable, it feels very well made inside and the Mark Levinson audio system is probably the best I've ever heard in a car (Audi's B&O system included).

This car is so highly offensive it makes me want to kill myself. $35000 more than a non-hybrid version gets you what exactly? ONE more mpg? Oh, and it's slower too. You could buy more than a DECADE worth of gas with that extra 35000. So the only reason to have this then is for people to say "I have a hybrid". Lexus knows this, and as a results is blatantly charging a premium for sumggery.

This car is so highly offensive it makes me want to kill myself. $35000 more than a non-hybrid version gets you what exactly? ONE more mpg? Oh, and it's slower too. You could buy more than a DECADE worth of gas with that extra 35000. So the only reason to have this then is for people to say "I have a hybrid". Lexus knows this, and as a results is blatantly charging a premium for sumggery.
It's more than the hybrid system. For one, it's the long wheelbase model ($10,000 or so difference between it and the LWB LS460), and for a second it's got a lot more equipment and better finish than the regular ones. It's the only one available with the elaborate seats ($24,000!) as well.

Honestly, the hybrid is clearly in there not for smug value, but to have it quiet at low speed. And you can drive in carpool lanes in many places.

I think we are really overlooking something here...

They still make the motherfucking SC430?!

And it starts at.... 68,000 dollars!!!

Bargain of the century! :lol:

My neighbors girlfriend has one. I grimace every time I see it. It's burgandy.

And how long does it take to "pay off the premium" of a V12 instead of a V8 in a large luxury sedan? Answer: it never does.

You're right--people aren't buying the LS hybrid because it's a smart financial investment; they're buying it to show off. But how is that different than anybody else who buys something besides the base engine in a flagship luxury sedan?

You're right--people aren't buying the LS hybrid because it's a smart financial investment; they're buying it to show off. But how is that different than anybody else who buys something besides the base engine in a flagship luxury sedan?

I'm all for showing off, but this case is different because you get nothing extra to show off.

I'm all for showing off, but this case is different because you get nothing extra to show off.

Um...

http://img99.imageshack.**/i/2008lexusls600hybridint.jpg/

You could show off that.

A buyer of a V12 luxury flagship gets to show off a badge that shows the bigger engine, four extra cylinders under the hood, and some performance stats he'll likely never achieve himself because he'll almost certainly never take his car to the drag strip or track.

A buyer of a Lexus LS600h gets to show off a a badge with the letter "h," an electric motor under the hood, and a 25% increase in city fuel economy over the normal LS (according to government numbers).

Seems pretty comparable to me.