Spied: Lexus LF-A Caught Undisguised in Black - UPDATED with production pics

Xeonidas

These new spy photos feature yet another version of the Lexus LF-A. Now in Matte Black, we can see even more details on the car compared to the barely-camouflaged white model spied last week.

Taken on the Nurburgring, the black model shows very sharp contours at the front, almost making the vehicle look like it was already attacked by a tuner firm. Some black tape is still used to mask details around the lighting, but the three-sectioned grille, front spoiler, hood vents, and new mirrors are perfectly visible.

Steep side sills lead to air intakes, which merge well with the rear wheel wells. The back end's rear fascia is mostly complete, and shaped in a way that perfectly uses tri-exhaust pipes. A rear diffuser looks to incorporate those pipes. Also at the back, we get our clearest view of the rear LED lights, although still partially covered.

Expected to use a 600-horsepower 4.8-liter V10 engine, the Lexus LF-A should be one of the hottest debuts at next month's Tokyo Motor Show.

3575115.jpg

7165493.jpg

8078068.jpg

1319544.jpg

3715504.jpg

9748606.jpg

I`m really sorry if this is a repost but I searched

*struggles for a moment* Mmm.. I'n not sure if want.. oh, who am I kidding. I'll have one in matte black, but with Toyota and Supra badges.

So the engine is in the front I presume? It's a very good to learn that it has a potent V10, because it's fugly like almost everything coming out of Japan these days, and has more fake intake scoops than an SN-95 Mustang.

The back is kind of odd, but otherwise that is a VERY fine looking car. I'll take one, perhaps with a Supra badge as well.

Go to youtube and watch some of the spy videos on the ring, it sounds astounding. :)

I really just can't figure out why this isn't a Supra.

I want mine looking just like that.

Question: why do they bother putting a badge on it if they are just going to cover it up?

Easy: it's a load-bearing structure.

*struggles for a moment* Mmm.. I'n not sure if want.. oh, who am I kidding. I'll have one in matte black, but with Toyota and Supra badges.

Agreed, it really should be a Supra. Toyota is trying to update the lineup to appeal to a younger crowd, this would be the perfect flagship to kick that off.

Again, why is this a $BIGNUM Lexus? Why not a $45,000 Supra?

I still can't believe my favorite Japanese car company of the 90s (Supra, MR2, Celica, 2000GT [ok fine, that was from a long time ago] ) has nothing left.

Last edited:
I love the shape (read: profile) of it, but the vents and shit are just silly.

Holy mother of god that is ugly compared to the concept.

*sigh* I expected something a little more.
I hope the production model to be unveiled looks a lot more $200K AUD than this.
I have no doubt the performance will be up there but it does look a little under done and dated.

"friends say hes trying too hard and he's not quite hip"

:p

Looks okay i guess, i'd take one :p

BTW isn't it a rear cooled front engine car or was that just the concept itself?

So the engine is in the front I presume? It's a very good to learn that it has a potent V10, because it's fugly like almost everything coming out of Japan these days, and has more fake intake scoops than an SN-95 Mustang.
... this will be mid-engined by the looks of it. Those air intakes at the doors and all that chickenwhire at the back are there for a reason (i would think) ... as with all japanese cars ... the hood-scoops do nothing :mrgreen:

... this will be mid-engined by the looks of it. Those air intakes at the doors and all that chickenwhire at the back are there for a reason (i would think) ... as with all japanese cars ... the hood-scoops do nothing :mrgreen:

Apparently the car is front-engined, but the gearbox is transaxle and at the rear end. So it could be that the scoops at the rear are for the gearbox oil coolers.