Spied: Lexus LF-A Caught Undisguised in Black - UPDATED with production pics

New images:

25-lexus-lfa-press.jpg

9000rpm V10 - I don't even care that it's an automatic anymore. Do want.

Horrible steering wheel is horrible.

Thats the only thing i hate about the LFA, Red + Carbon Fiber steering wheel.

Heck look at the carbon fiber start button.

But god, that is a high revving V10 plus love the styling :p

I am sure it still goes like stink...but it seems to be seriously lacking in the torque department... Viper V10s for the win:D

Well they are selling it at a price that their losing money [according to an engineer] o_O

That engine needs to go into, say, a GS.

Awesomeness checklist

- 500+ hp : check
- insane styling : check
- 9000 rpm redline : check
- angry looking face : fuck hell yeah check
- bigass wheels : check
- retractable spoiler : check

there's just nothing not to like here

I still think they should've stuck with the concept nose. I'd gladly sacrifice that last bit of aerodynamic performance for the looks.

Basically what i'm saying is Toyota's supercar should not be called a Supra. They should make a less power, much more affordable RWD sports car and call THAT the Supra, since that is more true to the spirit. Then the avg enthusiast would actually stomach paying $40-50K for a car to outdo Evos, Stis, 370Zs, etc, and leave the LF-A alone as Toyota's car to rival the GT-R and european supercars.

Making the LF-A cheaper for regular consumers with regular jobs and paychecks, frankly, demeans the car. It's like Ferrari making a new car under $80K, affordable to regular people. It cheapens the idea.

totally agree with this. LF-A is not a supra, was never intended to be.
Confusion came from people seeing it in camouflage and they went all "OMG NEW SUPRA REVEALED!!!!!!111111eleven"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDsXsdNgov0&feature=player_embedded#at=46[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds like a gallardo on crack :heart:

You have no idea how happy it is for me to see Toyota finally produce something really sporty again. Lets hope this and the new "AE86" live up to expectations.

Last edited:
Awesomeness checklist

- 500+ hp : check
- insane styling : check
- 9000 rpm redline : check
- angry looking face : fuck hell yeah check
- bigass wheels : check
- retractable spoiler : check

there's just nothing not to like here

How about a $375,000 price tag?

So what about the price tag?

It's meant to be an ultra exclusive Halo car that only a select few will have to privilege to own. The 500 people who will buy this car won't care about the price at all.

So what about the price tag?

It's meant to be an ultra exclusive Halo car that only a select few will have to privilege to own. The 500 people who will buy this car won't care about the price at all.

You could buy a 997 Turbo and a GT2 for that price.

LOL, 300k for that thing. You must be clinically insane to buy one.

It's actually more like $400k, but yeah, you would definitely need to have more money than brains to buy one, or really really really really love Lexus'.

well, let's look at other 600ish hp cars price tags...

McMerc SLR : 400-500k$ (all I could find was used btw)
Porsche Carrera GT : 440k$
Lambo Murcielago LP670 : 320k?

seems about right...
people able to afford one won't care anyways

well, let's look at other 600ish hp cars price tags...

McMerc SLR : 400-500k$ (all I could find was used btw)
Porsche Carrera GT : 440k$
Lambo Murcielago LP670 : 320k?

seems about right...
people able to afford one won't care anyways

If I was a multimillionaire with $400k burning a hole in my pockets, there would be many, many cars I would think about buying before even considering this one. Don't get me wrong, this is a brilliant piece of machinery that looks and sounds amazing, but not quite $400k amazing.

When everyone was speculating a $200k price tag before the unveiling, I was thinking that it was high but reasonable. But now, at $375k, fuck no.