Spied: Lexus LF-A Caught Undisguised in Black - UPDATED with production pics

Apparently the car is front-engined, but the gearbox is transaxle and at the rear end. So it could be that the scoops at the rear are for the gearbox oil coolers.
You are right, it seems ...

The car's front mid-engine placement, along with a rear-mounted transaxle and rear-mounted radiators, should allow for excellent weight distribution
http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1024061_new-info-reveals-lexus-lf-a-will-be-limited-to-500-units

my bad.

Question: why do they bother putting a badge on it if they are just going to cover it up?

Spy photos of new models generate more publicity than actually advertising the upcoming model, so they want to make sure that everyone seeing the spy photos knows exactly what they're looking at.

I don't like it. Especially from the B pillar backwards. That air-intake side-by-side with the little windows, covering almost all of them looks rubbish.

Boring for a V10 car. They really need to dispose of the mesh in back.

1997.toyota.supra.10182-396x249.jpg

It looks like a modern rendition of a Supra to me. I wanted one of those so badly when I was a teenager. If I remember correctly, when Motortrend tested the 1997 model it went 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, which for back then was close to Ferrari territory.

Edmunds article on the Supra

Last edited:
Looking at the MkIV Supra and then the LF-A, you sort of hark back to simpler times when a car's design could be flowing and simple, instead of jutting and overly tricky.

^I agree. Flowing lines are just so beautiful. I think this car is pretty ugly. Especially the exhausts and the mesh below the lights

^I agree. Flowing lines are just so beautiful. I think this car is pretty ugly. Especially the exhausts and the mesh below the lights
It's a damn shame nobody designs a flowing car anymore, and that an "updated" design is just an older, flowing design with more rigid lines.

Bye, bye Nissan GTR! :p

Last edited:
Looks and sounds amazing! This is definitely a worthy successor to the Supra.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HAMKHRJbrU[/youtube]

I don't even give a fuck how it looks anymore... if it sounds like that I want it. First awesome Toyota car in like 39 years.