Lexus LFA is go!

Kebab gud said:
the production version will look more like this

d4d4c0c8.jpg

Its od.. when this car was first shown .. people LOVED it .. but now .. you all hate it ..

I still love it. Dont think i'd notice one if it drove past though, it needs some fins and guns and stuff but i'd have one

I dunno, for some reason I see a Monaro with a lot of bond-o on it to make those crazy angles.... anyone else see that possibility?

haha604 said:
Kebab gud said:
haha604 said:
Its just a Toyota PR exercise to prove that the company is a world class manufacturer able to compete in all levels of car-making.

Toyota can't possibly expect this to be a profitable venture, at least when profit is measured in the traditional way.
they made a profit (just) on the 2000GT back when japanese cars was just some cheap cars
they say that it is to honor there F1 thingi .. but its going to be built with SuperGT knowhow...
and dont forget .. the SuperGT supra is the fastes GT racer in the WORLD..
(with only 480hp from a 4,6liter V8.. the very same engine that spawnd the new V8 in the LS460..)
how many other car makers can really say that there engines are derived from racing? ..
NONE! (ok ok .. some)

Oh yeah .. look at this .. grate sound..
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=105484

The 2000GT was priced no where near 160k in today's money, was it? This new Toyota will be a great car for sure, as was the NSX. That doesn't mean it will be a great seller.

Heck Toyota is selling (or was selling) tens of thousands of hybrids at a loss, so I don't doubt it will do the same for a supercar.
the reson the 2000GT sold so porly (they DID make money on it thou) was one part brand, one part price..
it was almost (almost)! twice the price of it competitor.. the porsche 911..
and no its sucsessor looks to be just as ekspensive.. lets just hope they aime this higher then 911 :p

That ass looks like ass, and the rest isn't much better.

Congratulations are in order for Toyota, which has proven that you can build a boring supercar. If I saw that on the road, I'd barely give it a second glance.

i think that's one good looking car.. but for a supercar status, it looks fairly dull.

doesn't look like supercar material. Seems like the same old uninspired, akward design theme typical from toyota :roll:

OoO like Jeremy said in one of his motorworld episodes...the Japanese make fantastic cars from an engineering standpoint but they cant do styling that well. I actually agree with him.

The usual for Toyota styling. Also known as Narcolepsy.

YAWN!!

I don't see what you guys are complaining about... the rear looks like a mix between the F430 (the bottom air dam fin things) and the Gallardo (the lights)... doesn't look too bad.

it might look bad. some weird cross between an ugly car and an uglier car. and then Futurized. but im sure its going to be a helluva car!

i think it wouldve been smarter to make it MR. the new NSX will be, so why shouldnt lexus do it as well? already, the NSX will have an advantage. the interior looks ok, it looks pretty boring but those guages look pretty sweet. i like the race track map on the nav system, looks like Fuji?

Kebab gud said:
well .. toyota owns fuji so what else whould it be? suzuka?
why compare this GT to the NSX raplasement ..
2 TOTALY diffrent cars..
i was kind of under the impression that that is what they were aiming at. i dont know, 2 japanese V10 supercars, it atleast sounds like they could be potential competitor.

uhhmm .. no ..
This is aimd a bit more at DB9 and so on ..
the "next" NSX is more F430.. gallardo type..

Lets do this again...
Grand Tourer - Front(mid) engine, 2door coupe, 2 or 4 seats
Supercar - Mid engine 2door coupe, 2seats (Many major GTs also fall under Supercar even thou they have the engine up front)
Hypercar - Mid engine 2door coupe, 2seats, Mutch more powerfull then a Supercar (coind by Clarkson)

Kebab gud said:
uhhmm .. no ..
This is aimd a bit more at DB9 and so on ..
the "next" NSX is more F430.. gallardo type..

Lets do this again...
Grand Tourer - Front(mid) engine, 2door coupe, 2 or 4 seats
Supercar - Mid engine 2door coupe, 2seats (Many major GTs also fall under Supercar even thou they have the engine up front)
Hypercar - Mid engine 2door coupe, 2seats, Mutch more powerfull then a Supercar (coind by Clarkson)
i realize that i was wrong. i was assuming that lexus was doing a FR supercar instead of a quick GT.

UPDATE

6061114.001.mini1L.jpg

SPY PHOTOS: Lexus LF-A and Small SUV
Text by Hans G. Lehmann
Copyright by Lehmann Photo-Syndication
11-14-2006

Toyota has repeatedly been testing the new Lexus high performance two-seater LF-A sports car at N?rburgring. With this new model Lexus is aiming to compete with the likes of Audi?s new R8, the upcoming Nissan GT-R and of course Porsche?s 911.

These latest photos are again and still showing a disguised prototype, two of which we have stripped off its plastic panel by computer to show what might be underneath. On the remaining shots the retractable rear wing has popped up due to the prototype?s high speed testing on the race track. The most eye catching item at the rear end though is the triangular design of the three exhaust pipes and the two ovals for the cooling system of the 500+ HP mid-mounted V10 engine.

Possibly Toyota/Lexus will release the new model at the next Tokyo Motor Show in fall 2007 to go on sale in spring 2008. It is expected to cost over 100.000 US$ just like the Audi R8.
Lexus SUV

According to insider information Lexus is furthermore about to develop a small luxury SUV based on Toyota?s RAV 4, and is set to enter the market against the successful ? and just recently facelifted - BMW X3.

The Lexus SUV is said to be powered for the US market by a 3,5 litre V6 engine, for Europe an additional V6 2,5 litre Diesel engine is in the pipeline.

There are no prototype shots yet, but our computer generated image suggests how this new model could look like upon its release.

6061114.001.mini2L.jpg

6061114.001.mini3L.jpg

6061114.001.mini4L.jpg