Lexus self parking in action

Janus

Yeah, I still don't trust self parking things. Much prefer the guide lines and doing it myself.

Well check it out in action.

Clicky!

:lmao:

haha congradulations to modern technology

Atleast we know our magazines can be funny too!

Wonder what with the system?

I have to admit, that car looks really nice...

Last edited:
"WILL YOU TURN THE FUCKING MUSIC OFF?!!!" :lol:
Bunch of no0bs, haha. I'd love to have that thing parallel park for me since I'm so bad at it. Though I'd be even more afraid of hitting something...

Automobile Magazine has always thumbed their noses at conventional reporting. That was great. :)

Here is the rule I think everyone on the road need to live by: If you can't park it, you should not be able to drive it. That means large SUVs have less margin for error. You still only get one spot, but I keep giving you smaller and smaller vehicles until you get it inside the lines.

I think that's fair.

I have ridden passenger in the demo car at the dealership and we had no such problems. It worked perfectly for parallel parking

Hahaha, just imagine the typical Lexus owners (you know them) want to work with that system. HOLLY POOP, don't want to be there.

I think Lexus should have stuck to the ones where they use lines to guide you, that was a perfect parking assistant esp when you're not familiar with the car... but I'm sure this was just some extreme case where the parking assistant wasn't working or something.

It's a gimmick (at least for now), just like many features on these top end cars.

I have ridden passenger in the demo car at the dealership and we had no such problems. It worked perfectly for parallel parking

you'd hope so, parrallel parking isn't exactly a hard task...

And remember kids the harder it is to get the car in, the harder it is to get out

seen it on a BMW before, nothing spectacular.. still wont buy a lexus

Well I have seen movies of it actually working on YouTube. But it is obvious that the films are from some Lexus test day or something and they have obviously been given training in it.

The car infront and behind the parking space are both Lexi (that is more then one Lexus :p) and the gap they are parking in is about 3 times larger then the car.

can you hack it and make it remote controlled? :D

So they were a bunch of retards who couldn't use the system properly :dunno:
I don't see what this proves.

So they were a bunch of retards who couldn't use the system properly :dunno:
I don't see what this proves.

If you have to learn how to use the system for it to work right, you might as well just learn how to park properly. If you read the blog that goes with the video, you'd see that their point is that the system does work, just not all the time.