Lexus's luxurious LC coupe-cab

Mr. Nice

Full Article

Lexus is set to launch a luxurious coup?-cabriolet version of its next-generation LS executive saloon within the next five years, according to company insiders.

Lexus sources see the luxurious sports car as the ?car that most captures the essence of what Lexus is all about: performance, luxury and the environment, more so than any Lexus model to date?.

Lexus sources see the luxurious sports car as the ?car that most captures the essence of what Lexus is all about: performance, luxury and the environment

Anyone who thinks that a large vehicle with a V8 under the hood and two seats is about "the environment" just because it also has a hybrid system should be punched in the junk with a baby fur seal. If you want to drive a luxo-barge, that's fine, but don't go around acting like your poop don't stink because there's an "h" at the end your car's name.

So essentially Lexus is creating the LC to compete against the CL.

No name resemblance there.

^ :lol: I wonder if any potential big convertible buyers are actually looking for a hybrid powertrain (serious question).

^ :lol: I wonder if any potential big convertible buyers are actually looking for a hybrid powertrain (serious question).

If Mercedes can sell a hybrid S-Class, Lexus will certainly be able to sell this. Think of all the Paris Hilton types who know NOTHING about how hybrids work, real-world numbers, etc, but just know that this will let them have their cake and eat it too from an image-perspective (big, luxurious, drop-topped, and Leonardo DiCaprio will still party with be because IT'S A HYBRID! Cue the Ke$ha!!!"

I love the wonderful pointlessness of the CL, so this interests me. Apart from the hybrid stuff.

Also, they should just hire that website to style it because that render gives me a hard on.

Anyone who thinks that a large vehicle with a V8 under the hood and two seats is about "the environment" just because it also has a hybrid system should be punched in the junk with a baby fur seal. If you want to drive a luxo-barge, that's fine, but don't go around acting like your poop don't stink because there's an "h" at the end your car's name.

Were Lexus to make an honest reply to your post, I do believe it would go something like this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/ch/chaos386/2010/10/23/400px-Trollface.jpg

Hybrid is a marketing buzzword, and they're milking it for all it's worth.

If Mercedes can sell a hybrid S-Class, Lexus will certainly be able to sell this. Think of all the Paris Hilton types who know NOTHING about how hybrids work, real-world numbers, etc, but just know that this will let them have their cake and eat it too from an image-perspective (big, luxurious, drop-topped, and Leonardo DiCaprio will still party with be because IT'S A HYBRID! Cue the Ke$ha!!!"
It's even simpler than that. The big H at the end of the name makes all the eco-fags STFU so anyone in the public's eye can still drive around in a normal car with all the bells and whistles of a luxury coupe/sedan without catching any flak for it. Even if you do know about cars that's a pretty compelling reason right there.

It's even simpler than that. The big H at the end of the name makes all the eco-fags STFU so anyone in the public's eye can still drive around in a normal car with all the bells and whistles of a luxury coupe/sedan without catching any flak for it. Even if you do know about cars that's a pretty compelling reason right there.

Where's the fun in that? :p

Last edited: