LFS clutch problem.

MadCow809

Forum Addict
Getting a sort of a clutch problem lately with LFS.

It's the game, not my G25 set, the actual clutch works fine, but the game is not.

The car runs fine for a few laps, before the clutch breaks and the engine just revs all the way to redline without engaging the clutch.

What could be the problem? I tried the auto clutch option and its not helping, whether I have it on or off, the clutch dies after a few hot laps. Tried changing it to sequential mode and it still dies after a few laps.

Any idea why its doing this?

Getting a sort of a clutch problem lately with LFS.

It's the game, not my G25 set, the actual clutch works fine, but the game is not.

The car runs fine for a few laps, before the clutch breaks and the engine just revs all the way to redline without engaging the clutch.

What could be the problem? I tried the auto clutch option and its not helping, whether I have it on or off, the clutch dies after a few hot laps. Tried changing it to sequential mode and it still dies after a few laps.

Any idea why its doing this?

Go onto the view with all the tyre information and look at the CT gauge. You'll probably find it's heating right up. Maybe you're riding it or something, which you can still do even in auto mode. Maybe it isn't 100% calibrated properly?

Depends on the car, but lift the throttle before you shift.
Got a replay? Then we can see the throttle/clutch usage.

I always lift the throttle when I change gear. Only time I flat shift is when racing with the F1 car, or race cars that allows flat shifts. And it turns out that those are the cars that never ever have the clutch problem.

Its mainly the FZ50, FZ50 GTR and other RWD cars that have the clutch problem, if I shift and apply the throttle gently, the car seems to last a bit longer, maybe I'm shifting too fast???

I'll try and record a replay and upload it on my youtube account, but that will take a while.

Go onto the view with all the tyre information and look at the CT gauge. You'll probably find it's heating right up. Maybe you're riding it or something, which you can still do even in auto mode. Maybe it isn't 100% calibrated properly?

Clutch has been calibrated properly. Checked and re-checked so I'm fairly certain its probably the game settings.

Last edited:
Upload the SPR file. It will contain enough information to see the throttle/clutch bars.

Do you need me to race a few laps until the clutch goes? (doesn't happen on a specific time/lap, takes a while for it to happen) Or can I just record like a 30sec lap and show you how I change the gears?

My gear changes should be the same as everyone else's, pretty straight forward, just like how you would change a gear on a normal car.

Off the throttle, Clutch goes in, gear selected, Clutch out, Re-apply throttle and repeat the process.

As one above already mentioned, the developers added a nifty little feature called "CT" or clutch temperatur. As a result the clutch will now burn up quite easily IMO. All it takes is a detour in the grass with wheel spin and then ending back on the road while in gear.. The clutch will fry! :(

As one above already mentioned, the developers added a nifty little feature called "CT" or clutch temperatur. As a result the clutch will now burn up quite easily IMO. All it takes is a detour in the grass with wheel spin and then ending back on the road while in gear.. The clutch will fry! :(

Hm.. that seems like the right explanation to me, since this problem never occured to me in the earlier versions.

Cos I like the pop the clutch to initiate my drifts, that should explain why the clutch gets fried.

That's odd, I use autoclutch since I don't have an actual 3rd pedal, but I have it mapped nevertheless onto a button on the wheel. I also use it to initiate drifts, but I still fry my tires much sooner than the clutch. Several laps no problem for the clutch at all here. :dunno:

^When coming up to a corner. If you shift from 6th gear to 3rd while breaking and disengage the clutch the engine will "brake" the drive wheels and the engine will squeel, but the car will stop much quicker at the expence of tire wear. You have to decide how long you want your tires to last and then use the clutch wisely :)

I wasn't talking about racing, there I don't have any clutch issues whatsoever. My reference was to drifting, sliding a car from corner to corner as a general discipline. :)