LFS jumps on the laserz badwagon with Rockingham

Ladamaha

If you have your eye on the main forums, you may already know about the speculation but now it's official.

Laser scanned Rockingham is coming to LFS in the next patch (when it's done as always).

The story on the main site.

http://www.lfs.net/?page=rockingham

I think it's awesome the most bang on buck racing simulation finally gets a real world track.

Last edited:
:jawdrop:

I just came.
If they got rid of those crappy cones, you really would struggle to tell the track was in a game.

That's fantastic!

That laser scanning is overpowered.

Its done when its done, they didn't gave any indication when they gonna release it. in few days/weeks, xmas next year? I got the feeling that it will take some time to release it.
It looks great nevertheless, the laser scanning looks awesome, 2cm seems to be accurate enough :)
ROK_FBM7.jpg

Those curbs gonna be fun... Flip

ROK_compare_3.jpg

Its done when its done, they didn't gave any indication when they gonna release it. in few days/weeks, xmas next year? I got the feeling that it will take some time to release it.
Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if the track doesn't make the Scirocco/new tyre physics patch.

Other updates were promised, westhill, breakable wings, interior updates ect. But its good that S3 progress has started, and with 'importing' scanned laser track data to the 'LFS track editor'. I would hope this would make it easier to add other free license tracks to it.

Other updates were promised, westhill, breakable wings, interior updates ect. But its good that S3 progress has started, and with 'importing' scanned laser track data to the 'LFS track editor'. I would hope this would make it easier to add other free license tracks to it.

They've always said that they don't promise anything but that the plans and their priorities can change.

:shock:

Holy shit, didn't see this coming. This place is only 20 minutes from my house, and was designed by the company I work for!

Really looking forward to this, wonder if they'll have a LFS event there for the launch. Probably not.

Looks great, now work on the silverstone map

/me <3 the track !!!

d?mm s3 licence needed for it, and scirocco is free to s1 :O

Okay so if this is coming in the next patch (which apparently will include the updated tyre physics and Scirocco), are they seriously expecting us to buy another license to get hold of the patch we've been sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting to get hold of for a year? That's crap!

Okay so if this is coming in the next patch (which apparently will include the updated tyre physics and Scirocco), are they seriously expecting us to buy another license to get hold of the patch we've been sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting to get hold of for a year? That's crap!

No, the patch is free for everyone like always. If you want to play the Rockingham (and the unrevealed car) you need S3 license. If you don't think it's worth it, you don't need to have it.

Secondly. They don't owe you anything, there is no reason to get whiny about the patch delays.

Personally I won't mind giving them another 12 pounds (or whatever it's going to be) for new content, it's still a bargain for 5 years of fun gaming.

Last edited:
No, the patch is free for everyone like always. If you want to play the Rockingham (and the unrevealed car) you need S3 license. If you don't think it's worth it, you don't need to have it.

Secondly. They don't own you anything, there is no reason to get whiny about the patch delays.

Personally I won't mind giving them another 12 pounds (or whatever it's going to be) for new content, it's still a bargain for 5 years of fun gaming.

Me too. It?s a fair price for such an honest, well-made game.

If the main patch is free then that's fine. It's not much I know.

If you don't think it's worth it, you don't need to have it.

Secondly. They don't own you anything, there is no reason to get whiny about the patch delays.

If you meant they don't owe me anything, then I never said they did so get off your high horse. I think it's worth waiting for the patch. I just don't like the idea of them turning around at the end and saying I need to pay now. As it happens, I don't.

Last edited:
If the main patch is free then that's fine. It's not much I know.

If you meant they don't owe me anything, then I never said they did so get off your high horse. I think it's worth waiting for the patch. I just don't like the idea of them turning around at the end and saying I need to pay now. As it happens, I don't.
Alright, fair enough. Didn't realize you honestly didn't know how the system is going to work. There is lot of people who seem to think the devs should bring new content for free because they are paying customers. You just ticked the box of the normal whiner who is never happy.

Edit: It's alright to leave anonymous neg rep ladamaha, i'm not stupid. I'll change the avatar tomorrow, never been a big fan of gifs myself anyway.
I don't neg rep people and especially not anonymously, it's the internet I got all the anonymity I need. I kinda like your avatar.

Last edited:
Oh, I appologise immediately. Must've been some random troll leaving neg rep for no reason. Sorry.

I think that S3 will be some time later, so next update will contain new tyre physics (all users) and Scirocco (S1).