[LFSTA] - Time attack league rules/calendar + general discussion

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
Welcome to what will be the 2011 Live For Speed Finalgear Time Attack League

Since I apparently broke my last thread here's a new thread for the upcoming league. From the 2 replies I got it sounds promising so maybe this can get a few of the old LFS regulars signed up too. Anything I do like this from now on will be run under the name of my Wacky Races team, ShotHouse Racing.

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/matt2000/2011/07/28/LFST_Poster1_600.jpg

Rules

• Lap times must be taken from the Single Player mode with only one (player driven) car on track. No Multiplayer or race laps are allowed
  • All tuning options can be changed. You can even add ballast to your car if you're feeling particularly mad.
  • An SPR file must be supplied with every submission. More details can be seen below.
  • Car and track used must match the restrictions of the round.
  • LFSTA skins will be supplied and must be used. The driver's chosen number must be visible.
  • Anyone can join at any time during the league
  • You do not have to enter ever round if you do not wish to.
  • This is meant to be fun, abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
  • An S2 Licence is required. Demo Racers will be catered for in at least one race. If it's popular I may hold a demo league in the future.
  • I am trusting players to follow the rules and regulations for racing. Please do not cheat. If you do you will be caught and banned from entering.
Submitting times

To submit your time please provide me the following:

• Your best time (in the 00:00.000 format)
  • An SPR file showing proof of your time. This should be placed into a ZIP or RAR container and uploaded to Phyrefile only. Screenshots or MPR files will not be accepted.
  • If the replay doesn't end with your submitted time you must supply a timecode for the lap. If this is not done I will take the final time on the replay regardless of your submitted time.

Calendar

Round One - September 14th to September 28th
Blackwood - Hot Lap
XRT

Round Two - September 28th to October 12th
Hillclimb - Autocross - FE
RAC

Round Three - October 12th to October 26th
Go Kart Track - Autocross - AU
MRT

Round Four - October 26th to November 9th
Westhill - Hot Lap
FZ5

Round Five - November 9th to November 23rd
Rallycross - Autocross - FE
RB4

Round Six - November 23rd to December 7th
GP Track - Autocross - AU
XRT

Intermission Round - December 7th to January 4th
Secret
Also Secret

Round Seven - January 4th to January 18th
Kyoto Ring - Hot Lap
XRR

Round Eight - January 18th to February 1st
Maze - Autocross - BL
LX4

Round Nine - February 1st - February 15th
Aston - Hot Lap
XFR

Round Ten - February 15th to February 29th
Gymkhana - Autocross - AU
RAC

Round Eleven - February 29th to March 14th
Top Gear Test Track - Autocross - AU
FZR

Points System

Points will follow the current FIA points system:

1st place - 25 points
2nd place - 18 points
3rd place - 15 points
4th place - 12 points
5th place - 10 points
6th place - 8 points
7th place - 6 points
8th place - 4 points
9th place - 2 points
10th place - 1 point
1 point for competing in each round.

Please sign up below.

Currently Signed up:

Redliner
Buckers13 - dbuckley - 05
Jens - Gnarkill013 - 13
Viilaaja - viilaaja - 86
Archie411

Last edited:
Count me in!

(How do I get Top Gear test track?)

In, but I'm not sure I like autocrosses. Haven't done many, and not for a long time, so guess we shall see!

Is it one car for all or is that mixed about too?

LFS account: dbuckley

User name Mr_Z
Number: 05

Last edited:
(How do I get Top Gear test track?)

Don't get too excited, it's just a layout for the Autocross track (AU). You can download many variations on the LFS forums but I won't be announcing exactly which version will be used until that round starts so everyone is on a reasonably level playing field.

In, but I'm not sure I like autocrosses. Haven't done many, and not for a long time, so guess we shall see!

Is it one car for all or is that mixed about too?

When I say autocross it means anything that involves a layout defined by objects. The Rallycross track for example is set on a free roam track and objects guide you around a route. Cars will be mixed up, at least one round will cater for any demo racers (probably UF1).

I'm in too, been a while since I raced in LFS so my times will be terrible but I guess it'll be a lot of fun :)

Edit:

In game name: Jenszor
LFS account name: Gnarkill013

Desired number: 13 (or 33)

Last edited:
could be interresting, beeeeeen very long time since i played :eek:
(and wasn't even competitive)
i'm in (as Viilaaja [i think])

edit: :eek:
In game name: Galantti
LFS account name: viilaaja

Desired number: 86

Last edited:
I've added the current people to the first post, can you all please edit your posts to include your LFS name and chosen racing number (1-999). I will provide numbered league skins.

can we have online races? Id like to race in on Blackwood in the small fwd car enabled in the demo (im s2 licensed tho) would be great! As I said I would prefer real online racing but if we do this can we atleast settle on one setup per car ? so everyone uses the same set...

Last edited:
I'm staying away from online races and all the extra hassle that they entail. We've done online leagues before and while they sometime work getting people online at the same time is tricky.

Setup choice will be down to the driver, with car choice being limited to one I don't want to restrict people any more. This doesn't stop people downloading world record setups but then it's down to driver skill.

Last edited:
Sorry for the long delay in posting here. Two reasons:

1 - I've been waiting to see if we get more than 4 or 5 people (very disappointing number when I know there are many more with LFS on here). :( I've had this text in my signature for a few weeks and it hasn't enticed many people.
2 - I've been trying to work out the best way to record video from LFS for a trailer.

I might have to shrink this league down to demo only, using different layouts on Blackwood and only the demo cars. Not what I want and I'm sure not what you all want, but it will open it up to almost the entire forum, and people who are new to LFS. I'll be making a decision soon, I would like to get this league done before December this year so I can prepare for the F4TA league in the new year.

No problem for me, if it works in bringing in more people. :)

Sounds interesting although I don't think I will be able to contribute fully as i'm bit busy with uni work and all. But I might give it shot :)
In game name: Archie411
LFS account name: Archie411
S2 user

If this is opened up to demo users, I'll give it a go. Never played the game before but I'm somewhat proficient in Gran Turismo and have a G25.

If this is opened up to demo users, I'll give it a go. Never played the game before but I'm somewhat proficient in Gran Turismo and have a G25.

What are you waiting for?!?
DO IT!

Well I've heard what I wanted, it'll be demo only now. I only have to redesign the whole league among everything else I'm doing now. :lol:

Bear with me, I will have something soon enough. :D

yay!
I should start training.

Well I've heard what I wanted, it'll be demo only now.

Problem with that though, is the use of layouts is for licensed drivers only. So, at most, you'll only be able to have 9 combinations using the demo cars and track.

Last edited:
Problem with that though, is the use of layouts is for licensed drivers only. So, at most, you'll only be able to have 9 combinations using the demo cars and track.

Ah, didn't know that one. OK I'll think about this. :lol: