Limited Edition Seat Leon Cupra with 285BHP!!

anti-net

From Motor Authority
Limited edition Seat Leon ?Copa?
seat_leon_copa01.jpg

Seat has released details about its latest special edition based on its popular Leon, a new 285hp version dubbed the ?Copa?. The new addition will be built in an extremely limited run of just 55 units and each will be priced from ?38,500.

The Leon Copa still relies on VW Group?s proven 2.0L FSI four-cylinder petrol engine, which in the new Seat delivers a peak output of 285hp (210kW) and 360Nm (265lb-ft) of torque. This is enough to see the car accelerate from 0-100km/h in just 5.9 seconds and reach a top speed of 254km/h (157MPH). It also means this is the most powerful Leon ever produced by Seat.

Inside, the car gets leather clad sports bucket seats, aluminium pedals and a sports steering wheel and gear knob.

Last month Seat also revealed its FR550 Leon, a new performance version inspired by the diesel-powered BTCC Leon race car. Like Copa, the FR550 also features a turbocharged engine and a sports themed interior.

Personally, I approve! I love the Leon, but not this ones price tag but its one way of having a very quick family car :D

Last edited:
Yeah I guess it's cos all you get for the first 3 seconds is wheelspin. And the front bumper looks just pathetic.

^ I suspect because if they made it any quicker it would just torque steer off into a hedge

285hp and FWD? :p

I was thinking that too. Well at least they can save weight by removing the useless steering wheel.

You think it would be a bit quicker than that, with 285bhp. For example, the much heavier Nissan 350Z has 287bhp and gets to sixty in 5.7 seconds. Must be in the gearing somehow.

Speed aside, this car will be very exclusive.

Exactly! I also expected it to be much faster, considering the 285bhp. I know it's probably lighter but a simple 1992 Dodge Daytona with a 2.2 Turbo developing 224hp does 0-60 in 6.3 sec and top speed is 150mph. This Seat should be a lot faster! Probably 0-60 in 5 sec.

I like it. Its like that 347hp Alfa they had on TG. It's mental and probably a hoot to drive.

FARK!!!

I want. Seriously.... This just might be my next car if I can get my hands on it. A bit on the pricy side, but I want this!!!!

those FSI engines never cease to amaze me... still gonna have the naff 4 pot noise though. that harsh thrashy noise.

Audi are putting the same engine with about 270bhp in the TT-R.... the new TT is already good, the R will no doubt be cream worthy

my Aunt has the Leon FR (basically a golf GTI in spanish clothing) and that things pretty swift when you boot it, so god knows what this is gonna be like

ford reckon they can handle 280bhp through the front wheels with their up coming focus RS, and im inclined to believe them.... not sure VW will have the hang of it though.

38 thousand quid? No f*cking way! Even if it is a limited edition, thats too much for a Seat.

All those capitalized letters in the title makes me read "2858HP".

I thought to myself: "DAMN!".

OMG! Mr. FWD Blows wants a FWD car? :D

lol, since when did I say I hate FWD cars?

I have a weak spot for small, agile FWD cars. Anything from the Clio 197, Focus ST, Citi golf 1.8R to Type-Rs.

The fact that I these above mentioned cars should be pretty obvious that I do enjoy driving FWD cars :)

But seriously, that Seat is hot. I'm not joking, I seriously want that car. This or the Clio R27.

Exactly! I also expected it to be much faster, considering the 285bhp. I know it's probably lighter but a simple 1992 Dodge Daytona with a 2.2 Turbo developing 224hp does 0-60 in 6.3 sec and top speed is 150mph. This Seat should be a lot faster! Probably 0-60 in 5 sec.

bear in mind this is a FWD and it's never good at getting off the line...
either that or the gearing required a shift from 2nd to 3rd to get to 62mph...

not to mention these times are rubbish to look into, we never know how exactly they came up with these times anyway... some tends to be way too ambitious to achieve in real life while some other have been nicer in that respect and quote an actually achievable time...