No 56k: Limp wrist brigade. Fiat 500 Sport

Can't get over on how succesful the wheel painting was.
285a5d38.jpg

This thing has to stop, second time in less than a month that I have to go to the body shop. Its new nickname is the Pi?ata

f8e789b4.jpg

9cd8a04f.jpg

What happend? Looks like a 5km/h impact, luckily!
New bumper and front lights and you're good to go again, I hope.

He was going way over 5 km/h, he landed about 5m away after being launched off of his bike.

Unfortunately, he punctured the radiator and the bumper's beam is bent.

Was it a head on crash? And damn, I hope the guy has a good insurance (if any at all).

No, it was at a 90 degree angle. I was leaving a parking lot and turning left, two people yielded to me so I could keave, but this idiot decides to not even slow down and pass the small line of cars by going the wrong way. He didnt care to see why they were stopping.

As expected, he doesnt have insurance and the cost to fix my car is more than what his bike is worth. Crap.

That?s what insurance is for....oh wait! :p

don't you just love places where insurance is not compulsory <_<.

also, morons on bikes....good to know they didn't all just gathered here. Hope all works for you man.

Now, I'd just like to point out that about 450 colones= 1 Dollar. I'll save you guys the trouble. it's still a fuckton of money after the conversion.

Around 2.500??? Shit me.

Don't bother with new genuine parts, just slap on used ones.

Aww man! I'm sorry to see that. I dearly wan't one of these cars...preferably the Abarth, but I'm not sure what my next car will be, or even if I'll be in the States.

Hope you get the car fixed...it's an awesome car.

I do not even know how the authorities would deal with an accident involving an uninsured motorist here because it never happens. Most people obey the law? Iirc you can't keep the plates if your car is uninsured. You can set the insurance "on hold" though if you plan on not driving for a while.

So what are your options? Suing him for the money?

Insurance is required in Massachusetts. I'm not sure what the punishment is if you don't have it, but you get in an accident, the cost is out of your pocket. If you can't or don't pay, you'll get sued for everything you have.

So basically this is how it works here:
1. Call the traffic cops, they arrive and make a plan of how the cars ended after the crash (no, not allowed to move them). They will also issue a citation to all drivers involved.
2. With said citation you go to the corresponding court house and give your statement as to what happened.
3. All statements along with cop's plan are given to a judge, who calls a verbal hearing.
4. Everything is analyzed and a sentence is issued
5. Winner gets his money (in my case the deductible, 20%). And in this case the insurance company also charges the other 80% to the bike idiot.

So in summary: I'm out $500 or so out of pocket until the court case is resolved.