• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Linky for the HD-Freaks!

Buba

Wants Rick Astley's Babies
Car(s)
BMW M235i
Yeah!

Goto losthdtv.com , yep without the www for a really nice site with some movies and hidef Lost eps and also 720p xvid versions of the current 24 season. I have great speeds on a documentary right now!
Sorry for the advertising of the site, but they are closing their open registrations soon, and some people have HD Hardware around here.

Re: Linky for the HD-Freaks!

Buba said:
Yeah!

Goto losthdtv.com , yep without the www for a really nice site with some movies and hidef Lost eps and also 720p xvid versions of the current 24 season. I have great speeds on a documentary right now!
Sorry for the advertising of the site, but they are closing their open registrations soon, and some people have HD Hardware around here.

Awesome thanks. I've got an account now :-D, hopefully i'll be able to contribute to their site, but I also have to get a more reliable antenna setup, since right now, mine cuts in and out.

ROFL, I left the CAPTCHA area blank and it didn't care.

And yay for HD!

I guess I'll search for you guys to add to my buddy list...

That Site said:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: hit_start() in /usr/home/www/index.php on line 7

Well, we now know where it is on the hard drive, and that they are running linux. Anyone care to take a punt at it?

Get a faster PC and run a higher res. ;)

If you encounter h.264 probs, try to use coreavc, its supposed to play at way slower CPUs then. And I highly recommend zoomplayer, others had jerky playback from time to time...

What codecs do you guys use to watch 1080i mpeg or ts files? I use Nvidia's Purevideo and it doesn't seem to deinterlace the videos properly. I understand that to go from 1080i to 1080p, the video has to be slowed from 29.97fps to 24fps. Purevideo seems to play these vids at 29.97fps, making the motion picture jerky at times.

Codec? It requires a codec? o_O

I use PowerDVD 6 for TS files personally.

I still have the problem with jerky .ts files as mentioned in another thread a couple of months back... Dunno... PowerDVD has the hardware acceleration switched on, everything should run fine, but it doesn't...
Funny how I can playback those 3 times as demanding xvids, but not the .ts... Don't you just looove computers...??

I tried WinDVD and PowerDVD and they didn't work for me. I found a codec on the net called DScaler and a patch called DScalerIVTC. I am going to try it tonight and tell you guys how they fare.

Weird thing is that some 1080i files play fine on my xp2200 with a Radeon 9000 but not my Sempron 2500(overclocked 40%) with a 6600.

You could also try Sonic DVD and TheatreTek. For some people VLC works just as good.
Is Dscaler a codec? I thought its some kind of scriptfor better deinterlacing.
You could also try the elecard Player, or at least its demultiplexer or try hdtvpump

A possiblity for the ts files not playing as well is that their bitrate is immense and if there are too many things using that hard drive (or your computer is maxing out on processing power) then you will get jerky playback as the computer isn't able to read the data fast enough. If you have the videos on the same hard drive as windows, you may want to try moving them to a different one and see if that helps. Also, VLC has a very non processor-intensive GUI which helps speed up playback.

At first I thought it was a processing power issue but the fact that my xp2200 plays most 1080i files fine lead me to believe that this is a codec issue.

And Dscaler seems more complicated than needed... I guess I'll just stick with mpeg4 and h264 files for now.