Little amusements

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
In a similar vein to the 'things that annoy me', but, like, the opposite, what are some small things that make you smile or briefly exhale approvingly through your nose?

Today:

I was walking by a home that was fully-decked out in Halloween decor, and on the big front window, they had written "IT'S SPOCKY SEASON!", and it made me think of Spock, trick-of-treating in various costumes. Ghost, Dracula, Elsa from Frozen...and then it made me think of Spock costumes, which made me think of that hilarious vintage "Spock Space Fun Helmet".

When I was a young teenager, I decked out my bedroom with all sorts of colored lights, as was the fashion at the time. Colored light bulbs in lamps, I had a traffic light, a rotating police-style light, a strobe light, Christmas lights on my bed... When I take walks at night, I can see rooms all over the neighborhood decorated with RGB string lights and rope lights, and it pleases me that the old teenager traditions continue.

Last edited:
1665368467980.png

Recently I was on a sailing holiday in Croatia. As it happens, there was a naval exercise in the area and the Croatian Navy cleared the exercise area of all the sailboats that didn't get the memo in time (yes, we were among those). While the Navy remained calm and friendly, it was a little amusing how the radio calls got elevated over time:
They started with something like "Sailing boat in front of me, this is Croatian Coast Guard ship number 21, can you hear me?" followed by a firm but friendly order amounting to "you have to change course towards the coast, there is a shooting exercise in this area starting in an hour" when we answered their call. With other ships who were.... very slow to respond, they escalated identifying themselves on the radio from "Coast Guard" to "Navy" and eventually to "warship". :D
What it takes to get attention, I suppose... ;)

Sunday morning. Ordered some delivered food to fix my self-inflicted cravings for salt and grease. It showed up in a faded red Yaris with a headlight out. It seems no other car or configuration will do.

The local kebab shop by me has an older purple polo with foggy headlights. The guy has no fucks and gives 50% throttle every time he takes off.

I had to go to the hospital's lab to get some blood drawn for a blood test. I made the check-in person at the lab choke on her coffee, when she asked, "how can I help you?" and I answered "I'm here to give some meat juice to the science vampires."

Poop jokes are also solid. (Er, sometimes liquid. Semi-soft?)

Oh, and this video of a bunny carrying his stuffed bunny friend helps every time:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch65HpHhMsr/

(This will be me with a Puffalump whenever the first new GT3 RS appears in town.)

Pretty much any time a real animal and a stuffed animal are BFFs is too dang cute.

This morning I was outside emptying trash cans with a pallet jack that can raise high enough to tilt cans into the dumpster. When I was done, I dropped the forks and every time there was a funny little gurgle noise coming from the hydraulics draining back to the tank. The noise was a perfect rendition of extremely wet diarrhea and I had it put a smile on my face each time.

I once ordered a pallet jack at work because we didn't have one. It was delivered...on a pallet. I was on break when the truck arrived, and they came to ask what they should do to unload it since we didn't have a pallet jack. 😂 It makes me giggle every time I think about it.

I went over to the dock, still eating my sandwich, and asked, "so why don't you just take it off the pallet?" The truck driver did the forehead slap, and went, "Oh, shit...sorry, it's been a long day."

I once ordered a pallet jack at work because we didn't have one. It was delivered...on a pallet. I was on break when the truck arrived, and they came to ask what they should do to unload it since we didn't have a pallet jack. 😂 It makes me giggle every time I think about it.

I went over to the dock, still eating my sandwich, and asked, "so why don't you just take it off the pallet?" The truck driver did the forehead slap, and went, "Oh, shit...sorry, it's been a long day."
Now I hope they went the whole way and wheeled the empty pallet in on the new pallet jack, just for a laugh.

Is that some kind of trick to avoid constipation by only going to Panda Express when you're empty? I've never been to the place. :LOL:

Is that some kind of trick to avoid constipation by only going to Panda Express when you're empty? I've never been to the place. :LOL:
Panda Express gives you a lot of food.

Have the orange chicken. That way it's so delicious you don't feel constipated if it interrupts you eating more of it.

Source: going back to one is surprisingly high on the "I want to go back to America" list

Is it good, like high quality, authentic Chinese food? No. Is it still addicting? Yes.

Their drink cups used to say, "You've ordered the Orange Chicken again, didn't you?" 😅

I like when games get Halloween-themed skins or bonus characters/levels.

This is normly a space-themed shooter, and the enemies are all robots. But for Halloween, they made a bonus level with flying jack-o-lanters and flaming cauldrons, and this lantern-carrying sort of Sleepy Hollow-esque boss, and the main menu screen has pumpkin plant tendrils, spider webs, and floating ghosts.

Screenshot_20221024-030116_Falcon Squad.jpg

Similarly to that, A streamer I kinda sorta follow has made Halloween themed emotes.

1666623572185.png

1666623603131.png

Also, it's the season when other people listen to Oingo Boingo. :p