Ownership Verified: Little Blue Pill - 2014 Porsche Boxster

Does it now?! How interesting… my NC2 didn’t have it at all.

How's it holding up?

It's been great *knock wood*

I took a horrendous rock chip in the windshield that has spread badly, recharged the AC at the start of the year (it leaked out when I left it a club event with the top down in August for 3-4 hours), and have replaced the tires.

Other than having to do the 40k maintenance items and the aforementioned normal wear and tear stuff, it's been fine. I've got a little over 55k on it now, which puts the total mileage I've done at around 9k since November 2019.

The gear indicator is a nice touch, I like it.

I can't believe I never noticed that Porsche included a gear indicator in the instrument panel for a manual transmission car. I know it likely simplifies the supply chain having a single instrument cluster, but they also would have had to figure out a way of transmitting what gear the car was in to the cluster.
Well, the cluster knows revs and speed ?

That's how the Fiata does it ... found out from a Spanish Abarth 124 rental with a slipping clutch.

Whenever I see a manual transmission gear indicator discussion, I'm reminded of this brilliant idea:

recharged the AC at the start of the year (it leaked out when I left it a club event with the top down in August for 3-4 hours), and have replaced the tires.

Just out of curiosity, why did that make the refrigerant leak out?

Whenever I see a manual transmission gear indicator discussion, I'm reminded of this brilliant idea:

I thought all manual cars nowadays had at least a pair of shift arrows that come on whenever the car thinks you're in the wrong gear. Emissions and all that.

Mom's last manual car had them. It always asked for a gear that was too tall for the narrow powerband so the only thing that happened when you pressed the pedal on the right was that the little downshift arrow came on.