Little toy car Daft Punk tour, take 2!

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
I didn't think it would have ever happened, but after 3 years and 6 months, the Viper World Tour had ended, albeit with a completely different outcome than any of us had hoped for. The cars got lost in the mail. :(

Fortunately the postcards and any other knick knacks did make it all the way to Viper, so it wasn't a complete loss, however, due to popular demand, here's the thread for round two! It's meant for planning it out, mainly choosing which car to pick to continue the legacy and to recruit volunteers to take part in the whole thing.

So, if you have an idea of what car (or even something else to represent it) and if you want to take part, post here.

And if you're confused about the title:

As I said in the other thread my vote for the car is a Zastava. Many of us met Adrian and Beni's one in the metal and it's more of a symbol for those us of who have met in person (and face facts a lot of those who have received or will receive the new car are current or former Ringmeeters) than perhaps a Viper could be considered to be.

As for its final destination since the first one (almost) went to Viper I think the second one should ultimately find its way to Quiky.

Via Ice's pants.

:lol:

You mean at 1/3 scale?

Why is that even a question?
Ringstava with Adrian on the roof!

Well if it can't have one at the beginning then I'm sure it can gain one somewhere along the line. :D

Great idea. :lol:

There is a company that can 3D print Lego minifig heads based on a few photos - there is a link a few pages back in the Lego thread and I am sure nicjasno could knock up a Lego version of Adrian's chair easily enough.

I'm in again if it comes back around HK :)

Hopefully a zastava should be obscure enough that nobody in their right mind tries to steal it...

Hopefully a zastava should be obscure enough that nobody in their right mind tries to steal it...
That just makes it into modern art.

As always, the Boston FG contingent is ready to receive. :wicked:

Not if it has FG stickers on it like Ice and nicjasno did for LooseJoe's model 240Z and is painted diaper brown.

I know its way too early to plan, but I'm assuming it will be at Ringmeet? Ringmeet is the weekend before the Woodward Dream Cruiser. IF I make it to Germany, I'd like to carry it back to Detroit and bring it around the Cruise, then can send it back to Europe (or wherever).

How about we put a gps tracker in the package this time? Something usb rechargable that will track the location for the duration and will have to be recharged by the person before sending it on to the next one. Would also need a sim card for location reporting.

How about we put a gps tracker in the package this time? Something usb rechargable that will track the location for the duration and will have to be recharged by the person before sending it on to the next one. Would also need a sim card for location reporting.

I think thats going a little bit far - do we really want peoples' homes on the map? I know I wouldn't. Plus it would either be very bulky or very pricey.

Last edited:
One more vote for everything that's going on in here :p
And yeah, the GPS thing is a bit overkill I think. Think about it, the cars getting stolen/lost would not have been prevented by putting a tracker in the box :dunno:

One more vote for everything that's going on in here :p
And yeah, the GPS thing is a bit overkill I think. Think about it, the cars getting stolen/lost would not have been prevented by putting a tracker in the box :dunno:

Just put a big sticker "Tracked by GPS" on the package :dunno:

Just put a big sticker "Tracked by GPS" on the package :dunno:

Thereby drawing attention to the parcel and making nosey people want to get inside and see what it contains of high value?

Far better to take a photo of the model with the caption FinalGear Zastava World Tour, stick it the outside of the box and protect it with book covering film. That way at least people know what its purpose is and just maybe will treat it with a reasonable amount of respect.