• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

little toy

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
one of my best friends bought himself sth to play with 8) :D

yamaha banshee
350cc 2cyl 2-stroke
2 26mm mukini carb
50hp stock

mods:
-boost bottle
-"twin air"-air filter
-exhaust FMF fatty (2-stroke, makes a lot of difference!)
-leightweight alloy wheels
-shortened rear bridge (translation :s)
-new front swing arms
-spacers

pics:
HPIM1315.JPG

HPIM1317.JPG

HPIM1319.JPG

HPIM1322.JPG

HPIM1323.JPG

maybe a stock one to see the difference :p
ATV-Banshee.jpg

we're gonna have so much fun :twisted: :mrgreen:

its a gaterade drink :p

if you look at the picture where you see the filter, you see a little higher sth like an an iron tube, that's the boost bottle.

basically it's a tube with a rubber bag in it, and it's vaccuum between the bag and the cylinder. if you release the throttle, there is still some air/fuel mixture burned without you wanting it. this bottle sucks this remaining up, and next time you open the throttle, releases it, giving an extra burst. these things also exist with springs.

Well, what's with you and never capitalizing the first word in your sentences? :p

:lol:

Renesis said:
it's to piss off the other lazy guys who are less lazy than me on this point :p
Um, is it just me, or does that sentence make no sense whatsoever. :?

Zenon said:
Well, what's with you and never capitalizing the first word in your sentences?

I actually searched on a couple of threads to find examples of Zenon not capitalising the first word of the sentence :lol:

but failed......

andyhui01 said:
Zenon said:
Well, what's with you and never capitalizing the first word in your sentences?

I actually searched on a couple of threads to find examples of Zenon not capitalising the first word of the sentence :lol:

but failed......
I'm really anal about punctuation and grammar. :p I spell check practically all of my posts (I just spell checked that sentence because I couldn't remember if 'spell check' was one word or two :p). I write a lot in my university classes and I take any writing I do quite seriously.

bone said:
if you look at the picture where you see the filter, you see a little higher sth like an an iron tube, that's the boost bottle.

basically it's a tube with a rubber bag in it, and it's vaccuum between the bag and the cylinder. if you release the throttle, there is still some air/fuel mixture burned without you wanting it. this bottle sucks this remaining up, and next time you open the throttle, releases it, giving an extra burst. these things also exist with springs.

Hmm...why is there still fuel being burned? To keep the engine running while being not in a gear...if you remove the fuel/air mixture before it was burned, the engine would stall, right?

i don't mean all mixture. but when the throttle is open, the carb is a big hole, when closed, almost no hole, and since there is like 10cmm inbetween the carb and the cyl, when you close the throttle, this amount still would be burned (this is why an engine doesn't drop revs immediately after releasing the throttle). the boost bottle sucks up the mixture in this 10cm.

ever heald your hand in front on an airintake of an engine? if you have, you'll probably know it sucks big time.

due to this force, the rubber bag in the boost bottle is sucked vaccuum.
when you release the throttle, due to the fact that inbetween the rubber bag and the alu cylinder it's also vaccuum, the bag expands in a split second, sucking all mixture inbetween the carb and the cyl. once this is sucked up, it's in rest, and doesn't do anything no more. the little amount to keep the engine from stalling it just lets flow.
untill you open the throttle again, the engine starts sucking again, and the mixture in the boost bottle is sucked out.
this thing is simply to improve the throttle reaction (and it sure does it job well :shock: )