Live for Speed [The Original Thread]

I fixed the blinkers to any you want, just let people know that you've seen them...

Like I care if you use the signals...I'm not gonna ban you for that...or whatever..

I've played a few races online and I can't believe what I've expirienced. One guy threatened to punch me in the face. How stupid is that.
Is it the same with multiplayer in the full version. Short tempered idiots who get angry all the time ?
This shit is the reason why I don't play online games anymore. :thumbsdown:

Huh, that is pathetic, I know the demoservers are full of wreckers. The people who bought the full version are generally nice to drive with. I played online today with various servers and all very nice guys.

yeah, don't wonder why they put a warning msg at the beginning of the demo MP saying that

Oh, I've never bothered to read it. Nice disclamer..."you may encounter childish or agressive behaviour" :lol:

Ren... just make the Hazard blinkers near your wheel... just put that on and stick to either side... ppl will know what you mean ;)

Unless you have a wheel that can map to keys. (All Logitech Wheel can do that I think).

I've played quite a bit online with the demo, i've not really experianced the bad things the ppl above mentioned. Guess you just have to be unlucky. But now that I've played a few games on the full version servers the ppl are a bit more nicer. And for the first time I saw everybody going through the first corner properly :shock:

Ow, and the fast guys are even faster, 2 secs better than what I've ever seen :/

I haven't played much online (other than the saturdays), because I have to shut down all my downloads in order for me not to get owned by lag. :x

ESPNSTI said:
Unless you have a wheel that can map to keys. (All Logitech Wheel can do that I think).

The logitech software is the worst POS I ever ran into besides mac software

Renesis said:
ESPNSTI said:

The logitech software is the worst POS I ever ran into besides mac software
You're joking right?
I've never, ever have had a problem with Logitech software.
(And I have a joystick, wheel, mouse and keyboard from them).
The configurability of it is great, especially compared to most other brands where you can configure.... just about jack shit.

Wow....I can't believe I'm so far behind in all this.....uh.......where do I start??

First off, I suck. Like, REALLY suck!! If I am around this Sat, I'll be at the back :lol:

Anyhow, how the heck do I get my sound to work properly? It's very distorted - any known probs??

Second, this car in the demo version sucks.....I've been trying to play with the steering and such, but it handles like an elephant. I've been playing NFS IV too long :cry: :lol: Are there better cars that can drift better in the full version?

SiR_dude said:
Anyhow, how the heck do I get my sound to work properly? It's very distorted - any known probs??
Well the sound isn't the greatest, but I wouldn't call it distorted.
SiR_dude said:
Second, this car in the demo version sucks.....I've been trying to play with the steering and such, but it handles like an elephant.
This is one of those games that is "more" realistic than most, and along with that it brings more realistic cornering speeds.
I think the sense of speed is lower compared to most other games (because other games ofter artificially highten it because you don't have the "fear" that real life brings with it), and therefore you probably (at least initially) overestimate how fast you can go through a corner.
If however you look at the speedometer and compare that to a similar car in a similar situation in real life, you'll probably find that the simulation is reasonable acurate.
Mind you this thing is by no means perfect (I mean I've never known the front tires of any car in real life to squeal if you turn them at 5mph).
SiR_dude said:
I've been playing NFS IV too long :cry: :lol: Are there better cars that can drift better in the full version?
Do you want to intentially drift, or do you want to race?
Because drifting isn't a good way to go around a track fast.

If you want to race, check the "car setups" thread : http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2533
If you want to drift, then there probably are some setups on RSC ( http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=476 ) or elsewhere on the net.
As for other cars good for drifting in the full version, I really don't know (not much of a drifter).

Sir_dude... you'll get the hang of it after a while... it took me a while to get the hang of the RWD car... too used to GT4 :lol: ... I'm getting better at it now... hopefully I can keep up with the pac this sat

it took me a while to get the hang of the RWD car...

Don't take advise from andy and don't watch his replay :p :p