livescore portal web design

Shaman

Car(s)
Kia Ceed 1.4
first things first, i'm a total newb at web desing and i'm just informing my self (if anybody can provide information) about making a sports livescore portal shuch as livescore.com
I want to know as much as i can before handing the project over to somebody who is a bit more professional in that line of work...

How do livescore sites keep the scores up to date, how do they refresh the scores, basicly.. on what principle do they work...? I'm guessing that the score changes are not done automatically...:D

How hard is it, and how much time would be spent to make a (script?) from scratch for a website of that kind..?

That's all from now, i think i got a few more questions comming, but for now this will do.. :)

If anybody can find a bit of their time to shed a light on this for me... i would be really grateful...;-)

Back when I did that sort of thing for a living, the quickest turnaround we would ever agree to was 2-3 weeks for an e-commerce site, and that was with 2-4 people working on it full time, with a fully built-out backend platform already. So assume 250 hours + for web design and testing, and I guess at least as much time to develop a backend.

Note that livescore probably has contracts for all of the data it shows, which would be a bigger hurdle than just getting some people to write the thing. Data isn't free, and it's usually in some god-awful proprietary format that differs for each vendor. Expect to pay a fortune in licensing.

Thx for your reply.. :)

I presumed that it must cost a lot of money to acquire a license... Nah, i think that is a failed attempt but i had an idea. and i just had to ask to see if it was possible to make some money out of that with a low budged... :D