Local garage wrecked my alloys!!!!

aintnodobbin

Car(s)
Range Rover Sport , Audi A5 S line Convertable
I took my beloved beast to have new tyres on friday and they gave it back with four chipped and scratched alloys, the owner wasn't around at the time so took it back again Monday and he told me they never caused the damage, it was my word against his and i'm wasting my time going to his insurance!
Bloody wreck my wheels and then charge me for the favour, thanks guys!!!
If anyone has been unfortunate enough to experience this then any advice would be appreciated.
My advice to anyone who likes their wheels, stay well away from <Name redacted>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try e-mailing Honest John at the Daily Telegraph motoring pages, plus get in touch with local trading standards. Good luck and :welcome:

Had the same thing happen to me. 6-7 fingernail-sized marks on 3 of the 4 wheels, they denied all wrongdoing. Wrote an official complaint and told them I had photos of the wheels (from a gear.fi meet just before); they thought about it for a week and refunded me a portion of the money I had paid for the new tyres, as per my request. Will never go back, though.

cbdack.jpg

Alternative we have a member here who may be willing to assist. It would require you to pay the return airfare from Dallas and sundry expenses...... :whistle:

Spectre? I was thinking ninjacoco and her army of Puffalumps!

Here we go. Another one post wonder inspiring a <Name redacted!> forums meme.......

I guess the name redacted is the forums policy on not being able to incriminate a business, am i right? And no, i don't want world war i just want them to repair the damage they caused. The owner was a dreadful excuse of a human being, with one intent only of robbing people like me of their hard earned cash. I just want it fixed and i really don't see why i should have to pay for it. Would you?

Great advice i e-mailed him earlier and hopefully will hear back, thanks for that.

Spectre? I was thinking ninjacoco and her army of Puffalumps!

Now thats scary! :p

But as far as the alloys, unless you have pics...before and after...I'm not sure what you can do.

I think there's something in the tiny tiny fine print (sometimes on the back) of a lot of receipts that says something along the lines of:

"By signing this receipt I have inspected this item and its fine, in one piece, not on fire, infested by zombies...and I'm happy so I'll be on my way."

Id double check any and all paperwork you have from them. Good luck.

Local car club guy had new OEM alloys (raaaarrrreee) he'd been saving for a project, went to get tires mounted on and his usual guy wasn't there... of course they scratched them all to hell. He threw a fit with the owner, and the business is paying for refinishing the wheels... but the effect of being "new" is gone.

About the only thing you can do now is lawyer up, unless you have the time to harass them yourself.

Lazy people who don't give a damn about their jobs are ruining it for everyone else.

-Robert