Local Info Needed: European Alps

Talibanator

Car(s)
RSX Type-S; 2011 Subaru WRX STI 5 Door
Wow Beni. Those pictures are awesome; I can't wait to hit those routes up, I'll probably have to burn some leave to do it all without being rushed.

Thanks again to everyone for posting your favorite roads and places. I'm not going to be doing this trip until the spring thaws are done. It will give me time to incorporate everything, or as much as I can, into the trip.

idk

Car(s)
Hyundai i30N Performance
Hello all, I'm Blind Io's brother and finally got up on the thread. I am looking for anyone who knows of some Uber curvy roads in the alps (be they Swiss, Austrian or Italian; I don't discriminate.)

I saw someone mention the top gear episode of the top roads in Europe with the Porche, Auston Martin, and Lambo. Funny thing is...my friend and I accidentally found that road when I got back from the sand box. Happy to say We drove the hell out of that one.

I'm planning on taking some leave in spring/summer so I can just go and hit any and all awesome roads in the Alps. So hitting roads consecutively shouldn't be an issue. I'm also going to be taking some leave over the holidays to hit up Norway and Sweeden, so if anyone knows of twisties in that neck of the woods I would love to know.

Thanks.

Hey... when u live in Eckersweiler you might be the closest person to my location in this forum. I live just after Homburg... :p

Last edited:

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
My brother is currently living in Germany and serving in the US Army. He recently sent me this email:

I told him that I didn't know of any roads, but I can't think of any more expert advice than locals. Help out my brother and post up what you know. Google Maps of routes would be very helpful, so please include the link (not just a screen shot of the image) so he can find out how to get to the start of your road/route.

Also, any information about where to stay, things to do and where to eat would be great. He's not registered on here, but I will send him a link to the thread so he can at least view it when he's at work (no internet at his place).

Who knows, you might see him out on the road. There can't be that many bright blue Acura RSXs in Europe (at least not with the Acura badge)

I have a mate who would probably stab him in an alley and steal that car. He has wet dreams about that thing since NFS Undercover......not going to tell him there is one in Germany ;)

Talibanator

Car(s)
RSX Type-S; 2011 Subaru WRX STI 5 Door
Here are some nice and twisty 250 kms through the Dolomites. It's a bit motor- and bicycle infested in the summer.
I could give you more details if you're interested.[/url]

I know it has been a while since you posted this, but the route you provided I was finally able to drive. All I can say is that words cannot describe the awesome! This was hands down the best road I have ever driven. I owe you MANY a beers!

Beni

Car(s)
too many
I'm very glad to hear this! Just post some pics, please, and I'll be a happy man!

ur84wr

Car(s)
430 Scuderia
Beni, you are a legend. This map you have provided will be invaluable to my Alpine Assault drive in July 2016.

Thankyou VERY much!

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
6 years? Holy Thread Necromancy!

Also, there had better be a verified ownership thread for that Ferrari.

Beni

Car(s)
too many
There are more great roads in the area, if you need more info, just write me! :)