Movie: Logan

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
WTF
Half of the video is wasted on links to other videos...

TC

aka TomCat
At least it is rated R. An honest comic book based movie.
I didn't know this one would be R until you said it. Now I'm looking forward to it. Should be interesting.

jpmfan

Saw it last night, incredible film, very gritty doesn't feel like a superhero/comicbook movie at all. can't wait to see it again though

Firecat

Politically Charged
Easily one of my fave. You don't need tons of CGI explosions and destruction of cities yada yada. The stories are where it's at.

XYZviper

Car(s)
TOYOTA Yaris
From the trailer I have notices that this might be one of the better superhero movies, because its real, real drama. Looking forward to this one :)

czelaya

Car(s)
Acura rsx-s
The advertisement for this movie was spot on: a drama about the aftermath of the choices that a superhero has made. Many of those choices beyond his control. The plot isn't overly complex but it is vastly rich with a multitude of information being thrown around. Always liked Wolverine. Up until now Batman was my favorite hero (because of Christopher Nolan), well, it's tied now. This film ain't no fairy tale for sure on all avenues.

Spoiler Alert: It was all a dream.:lol:

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
Can I see this movie without having seen any of the other X-men movies? Gritty and real intrigues me, but I can't bare to see 10 other silly movies first...

czelaya

Car(s)
Acura rsx-s
Can I see this movie without having seen any of the other X-men movies? Gritty and real intrigues me, but I can't bare to see 10 other silly movies first...
Sure. Would probably look up Wolverine character on Wikipedia. As far as all other X-men movies, that's funny, because the timeline is very complicated because of bad movie writing that is inconsistent with all the various X-men movies, time travel, and horrid story telling.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
...writing that is inconsistent with all the various X-men movies, time travel, and horrid story telling.
That sounds like Wolverine's backstory in a nutshell. Wasn't there even that scene with Logan in Afghanistan, hallucinating a bus full of American heroes (Neil Armstrong, Marilyn Monroe and some others), complaining abount having memory implants implanted on his memory implants...

czelaya

Car(s)
Acura rsx-s
That sounds like Wolverine's backstory in a nutshell. Wasn't there even that scene with Logan in Afghanistan, hallucinating a bus full of American heroes (Neil Armstrong, Marilyn Monroe and some others), complaining abount having memory implants implanted on his memory implants...
Are you being serious? First time I've heard of it. I saw some of the bad X-men movies and they're so bad I haven't bothered even watching them again.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
Are you being serious? First time I've heard of it. I saw some of the bad X-men movies and they're so bad I haven't bothered even watching them again.
I am serious. Actually, it was quite a brilliant panel. I guy I know in college had the whole graphic novel page enlarged to poster size on his dorm room wall.