Logitech G27

Ladamaha

The speculation can now end. It's real, and I hate it is. Inside Sim Racing has a review.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5-BowDSEc0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2F[/YOUTUBE]

I feel it's an poor effort from Logitech to screw over their old customers. G25 was expensive, and still is. Making a slightly improved model with stuff which should have been there in the first place is giving the finger for your own customers.

The helical gears should have been in the G25, as more buttons on the wheel. The conspiracy theorist in me says they made an inferior product on purpose, so they can later improve on it and make piles of money.

The saddest part of course is that there are people with too much money who will go and update. New is always better and they must have it because it's awesome and new from Logitech.

And it still wont work on Xbox!

If I ever need a new wheel it will not be Logitech. Maybe I just buy that new Fanatec Porsche wheel and take off all the Porsche badges. Got enough problems with my sim racing hobby. Don't need a branded plastic sitting on my desk. It's like Ferrari keychain with your Fiat.

/rant

First mentioning their new found fondness of yellow gets it.

Last edited:
After watching the review. I think it's a bit pointless getting a G27 if you already have a G25 or similar.

Those quiet gears and such sound nice. But what i don't like about it is that they removed the Sequention Mode from the Shifter.

Persoannly, what i would do is take the G27 wheel unit and couple it up to the G25 pedals and shifter.

I don't really blame logitech for the lack of xbox support, that said I would of thought microsoft would of wanted it to work on 360

Never bought a G25 so maybe I'll have to put one of these on my shopping list. Will watch the video when I get 5 mins.

Would you have preferred that Logitech stop making steering wheels after the G25 as not to screw people over? Don't be silly.

EDIT: Much as I love my Xbox, it pains me that they don't make wheels like this for it! Nevermind this fancy G series! I'll take a DFP any day over the Xbox wheel!

Last edited:
And it still wont work on Xbox!
There is some licensing or hardware issue with XBox wheels. I can't remember exactly what it is, but it prevents from making a wheel compatible with Xbox and PC/PS3 at the same time.
Would you have preferred that Logitech stop making steering wheels after the G25 as not to screw people over? Don't be silly.
This.
I guess lots of G25 owners are angry now, because their wheel is not the best out there anymore. It was obvious that Logitech was going to make a better wheel at some point in time.
Anyway, just remember G25 is still a good wheel and you can't blame a company for making successor to one of their popular products..

Last edited:

EDIT: Much as I love my Xbox, it pains me that they don't make wheels like this for it! Nevermind this fancy G series! I'll take a DFP any day over the Xbox wheel!

But it just feels like a poor effort. If they had made new pressure sensitive pedals G25 owners would be lining up ejaculating honey to buy it.

I have the G25, and I will upgrade to this, since the shifter is nearly shot and there's too much play in the wheel itself. then again, it's seen vicious abuse both in LFS, GT4 and GT5P, and Pro Street.. but I believe I can sell my worn out G25 for someone who can't afford a new one, and buy this one instead..

There is some licensing or hardware issue with XBox wheels. I can't remember exactly what it is, but it prevents from making a wheel compatible with Xbox and PC/PS3 at the same time.
Bollocks. The Fanatec Porsche Turbo S works on all three. It has the shittiest name and pointless badges, but it does it. I'd be all over it if they made de-badged version.

I'm not really pissed off how my wheel isn't the "best" anymore. It never was, there is plenty of better wheels out there, they cost more but they are better. But how they made it inferior, everyone knows helical gears are smoother and that 6>2.

Don't get me wrong, I got to give it up for Logitech listening what was wrong and improving on it and making more money.

The reason Logitech wheels are not made for Xbox is bad relations. I can't understand why they can't put their disagreements or whatever it is aside, because it would make money for both of them. Freaking idiots.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I got a G25 about 2 years ago... it currently resides in my closet and I often forget I even own it. Which is staggering, because it cost me $430AUD and that was basically ALL my money at the time.

I should get LFS up and working sometime soon.

They're all too expensive. Maybe this means I can at least get a cheap G25. Still using the original Driving Force and it works great, though.

I've got a G25 at the moment and i'll stick with it until it's killed to death.

I just ordered a G25....:(

:lol: I knew this was coming out, but frankly a G25 will do just fine after the MOMO and I'm not prepared to pay billions for a steering wheel. Which is why I always lag behind by 2 years with wheels :)

I'll stick with my g25 for now. I'm considering making a custom setup next year once me and my dad finish the basement in our house and build a full cockpit :D

Yeah, upgrading from G25 really makes no sense.

Hm.... Not sure if I should upgrade my G25 to G27..

The presenters are ridiculous. A old bald guy who newer grew up and a fat chick who thinks she's hot. I just cant get past this and concentrate on the wheel itself.
I would prefer the G25. The difference is barely noticeable and the G25 just looks better. Shift lights, why?

Last edited: