London begins installing indestructible, camouflaged speed cameras!

Bob Saget is a god among men.

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_cKCK6Blv0"]Bob Saget in "The Aristocrats"[/youtube]

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B_n9YaAMmg"]Rollin' With Bob Saget[/youtube]

Indestructible, eh?

How about a piece of black construction paper and some duct tape?

How about the plastic food wrap trick? 5p is all it takes to make 50,000 quid useless.

Nothing a big chain, a tow hook, a Ram 3500, and a 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel can't handle!

Most speed cameras in the UK didn't work this summer, I was trying to trigger them by going a little faster :p Not one worked :(
Has to be mentioned that they couldn't prosecute traffic offences done by foreigners (german registration), but I think they changed that now or are going to soon.

Nothing a big chain, a tow hook, a Ram 3500, and a 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel can't handle!

You're kidding right? You did notice that they are using thick hardened steel set way down in the ground? All you would do is spin your tires or if you were dumb enough to get a running start, rip your tow bar off.

Try it, please. I want video so I can laugh as you wreck your truck.

You're kidding right? You did notice that they are using thick hardened steel set way down in the ground? All you would do is spin your tires or if you were dumb enough to get a running start, rip your tow bar off.

Try it, please. I want video so I can laugh as you wreck your truck.

I don't know. I've seen tree stumps get pulled out of the ground by some of those Cummins diesels.
If he had a dually and enough traction, he could probably do it.

That and similar installations here in Texas have been removed by large dually pickups - here it's the red light cameras that are pests.

Somehow I don't think that tree stumps have the same tension strength as a hardened steel post designed to withstand vehicle impacts, and I'm pretty sure that reinforced concrete will hold just a tad bit better than dirt.

I doubt Texas has started using armored red light cameras. Federal standards for highway safety dictate that signs and poles adjacent to roadways be designed to break away in the event of a collision to protect the occupants of the vehicle. In fact I heard of one case where they put posts around a traffic box because they were tired of it getting run over but the department of transportation made them remove the posts and relocate the box because it was too much of a hazard to drivers who might collide with it.

Somehow I don't think that tree stumps have the same tension strength as a hardened steel post designed to withstand vehicle impacts, and I'm pretty sure that reinforced concrete will hold just a tad bit better than dirt.

Well, it all depends. Roots go deep. We've all seen plenty of high speed car wrecks into trees.

The tree usually wins.

By calling it "indestructable" they're just going to draw attention and attempts to destroy it like flies to shit. If they go ahead and put any of these up it will be under pretty much constant attack from everyone from passers by to the organized guys that go around with a flat-bed and an angle grinder taking down speed cameras.

Someone made a good point earlier; ?50,000 would pay for two police officers for a year. Who'd rather have the bloody camera?

Aaaargh overload of american freedom nonsense and guns.

Or you could drive the right speed.

^ We're taking up the challenge to see if it's truly indestructible.

If you live across the road, how about getting an effing big laser and just aiming it right into the lens? That should distort the image somewhat, right? :p