London begins installing indestructible, camouflaged speed cameras!

Could you drill a hole in it and fill it completely with water?

A speed camera fishtank :)

The scary thing is that it's only a matter of time until those cameras arrive here.

Could you drill a hole in it and fill it completely with water?
Now that's thinkin'! That's just like in that movie 'The Score'! Seen it? haven't seen it? Yes? No? They fill the safe with water and then set off some sort of explosive charge inside it. The force blows the safe apart! Surely that would work in this case, no?

Except the thing has vibration sensors to detects saws, grinders or drills. You would have to use a torch.

And it has sensors for fire as well. So that's out.

It has sensors for smoke, depending on the type of cutting torch you can get a very clean flame.

You're right, of course, I just wonder if what little smoke there would be from a torch would be enough to set it off.

My idea is still the most ingenious I rekon

It is fitted with smoke and vibration sensors which can detect an attack.

If someone does try to damage the camera, it triggers an alarm at the nearest police station and automatically downloads all its vital digital photographic data back to base so that no evidence is lost.
It can detect an attack - doesn't mean it will. A solid steel beam planted in the ground would most likely vibrate like a bugger whenever a truck goes by or a mischievous kid hits it with a stick so i can't imagine the censors are as sensitive as we might be imagining.

They couldn't send the police out every time someone leans on it to enjoy a nice, relaxing smoke or every time somebody locks their bicycle to it... Also, what kind of lowly lower ranking loser of an officer would be given 'speed camera vandal' duty? That would be a step below dealing with a 'noise complaint'. "ooh, that bloody alarm's going off again, it is. Send Perkins to see what's the matter, will you?"

I imagine 'Perkins' would take his sweet time.

I think if you were quick and careful you could drill through it but how long do you think it would take to drill through?

Well. As the Germans proved during WW2, the 88mm flak should do the job. If it can take out T-34s, then a speed camera should be easy, right?

Well. As the Germans proved during WW2, the 88mm flak should do the job. If it can take out T-34s, then a speed camera should be easy, right?

You can destroy a T-34 with a log of wood, this speed camera is much more tougher

Now that's thinkin'! That's just like in that movie 'The Score'! Seen it? haven't seen it? Yes? No? They fill the safe with water and then set off some sort of explosive charge inside it. The force blows the safe apart! Surely that would work in this case, no?

Great move.

Edward Norton, Robert De Niro and Marlon Brando.

[YOUTUBE]N5jNLSKwjH4[/YOUTUBE]

So what if it can detect attack? Whats it going to do sound an alarm! "Oh now youve said stop it i wont use thermite on you!" just DESTROY.

Oh and did anyone in UK hear about that guy who thought he was caught on a speedcamera, so he destroyed it, but when it came to court it turned out he wasnt caught at all! HA

One of these:
http://img502.imageshack.**/img502/6739/megalauncheractionproduts6.jpg

two buddies, some really good aim, and a balloon filled with oil paint?

Phoey on motion and shock sensors.

Take green masking tape, self-standing ladder, and a can of glossy black spray-paint. Set up ladder, mask off area outside lenses, spray, and hightail it out of there. Remove tape the next day. Wait for cops to catch on.

And if that doesn't work, drive at 170 mph.

Last edited:
One of these:
http://img502.imageshack.**/img502/6739/megalauncheractionproduts6.jpg

two buddies, some really good aim, and a balloon filled with oil paint?

Phoey on motion and shock sensors.

You wouldn't even need all that good aim.

The day before just go out to a field and make some practice shots at a mock up target. Record the angle and draw of the successful shots then rinse and repeat the following day.

paintball gun, cheap, easy to use

^I already have 3 Paintball markers! :D and roughly 8000 balls :p But we don't have many speed cameras where I live.. We have exactly 0 speed cameras actually..:p

Indestructible?

Like the trains they will malfunction when it gets too wet, too dry, wrong sort of snow or there are leaves about.

thats where you are wrong

if its going to make some serious coin for the government, which they do, unjustly IMO, you can bet your life that these will not fail.

indestructable though? i think not.

i guarantee there'll be a way to pull one down without alertin the nearest police, or at least bring it down before all the data is downloaded. you could quite easily stop the camera or flash working with a pair of ladders and some black spray paint. even better...fake lenses! looks like a glass lense on the outside, but is completely opague on the inside! vquick visual inspection will find nothing wrong.

just one more reason to stay away from london.

*hugs the tees and durham police because they dont use speed cameras as a source of revenue*

we have speed cameras up here, but 9 times out of 10 they are mobile and are used outside schools in the mornings and at home time. everyone agree this is a sensible use of them. we have a handful of red light cameras positioned at cross roads/junctions that have a particularly bad history of crashes. so far i have only counted 3 such cross roads/junctions.

i havent seen a stationary gatso in a long time. but all i have to do is venture down south where places like rotheram, nottingham, derby etc are just loaded to the gills with stationary gatso's and most of the time they are in completely idiotic places where you just know they havent been erected for safety but for money making.

Last edited:
...And why there are not two dozen Wicker Men burning in front of Whitehall is beyond me.

Fight back, Britain! This is YOUR duly elected officials wasting YOUR money! 50,000 would I am sure pay for 1-2 policeman, who are of more help than some speed camera is.

Seriously , haven't they got the point of what citizens want?

For the rest of the EU, be very afraid for your privacy rights, this is downright scary.

Again, just pissing on your rights, since this could lead to more invasion of privacy...ever read 1984?

i think JC's little speed cam demonstration sums up speed cameras effectively.

they wont catch the drunk weaving around at 20mph, they wont catch osama bin laden and a boot full of RPGs while he trundles around at 30, but they will catch mary who is a 60 year old woman late for a tea party.

again, where i live in the UK, the police seem to have a brain.... which is why i see a whole lot more patrol cars and bobbies on the beat than i do speed cameras. and its not like theres only a handful of police, i see at least 2 patrol cars on my way home every day...and its only 15minutes.

lots of highway patrols as well in the big cruiser Volvo T5's they will pull you over if they think your being a twat. i.e. driving dangerously or speeding excessively. you can breeze past them at 80-85 and as long as your not ducking, diving an weaving around they leave you be. though usually theyre the ones breezing past you at 80-85 lol but its nice to see they dont punish you for doing the same.