London Burning

jack_christie

Forum Addict
London burns again, for a third night. Time to borrow the CRS from the Frogs?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8687177/London-riots-live.html

article-2023543-0D577BE400000578-514_634x398.jpg

That will show them, lets burn our city!

like all things, it started with noble intentions and then just ended up being a excuse for the chavs and idiots to go out shopping err... i mean looting.

Well as long as they don't get any closer to where I live :(

And, of course, hoping that anyone affected on here is safe.

This is not yet the Great Fire of London nor the Blitz in 1941. Though I'm half-expecting the Army to be out on the streets in London tomorrow and so they should be!

These "rioters" though I'd call them terrorists... don't think of the long-term affects of what they're doing. It's all in the name of short-term gratification and nicking those pair of Adidas trainers they can't afford or don't wish to spend money on. What about all those people whose lives are now affected by having their stores smashed to bits or their stock burned/nicked?

Also, wish the BBC would stop saying "local youths".

Makes me mad!

Last edited:
Saw a few comments on facebook by my friends, it seems that there is some rioting in Hackney now, quite a bit away from Tottenham. I hope everything turns out ok for them.

That sucks.

If anyone's affected :comfort:

And to anyone who started it :idiot::glare::thumbsdown:

The army should be out now. This is beyond a joke.
Is it legal over at yours to use the army as reinforcements for police duty? It sure isn't in Germany, given the history of abusing "bringing out the army" under Hitler.

Here's an insightful piece about the motivations of the rioters. It has something of a fight club vibe. If you got the feeling your life is not going anywhere anyways, that a life on welfare lies ahead of you, why not set something on fire and loot a shop? Does not justify anything, but explains it a bit.

Last edited:
which unfortunately is most likely the case with what is going on in london. people are so quick to jump on the chaotic nature of it all but aren't looking at the causes of it.
it shouldn't be done at all but given that its happening it isn't suprising.

this all started from a peaceful protest about a man killed last week. its degenerated into acts of pure criminality. the people walking away with tvs, trainers and so on aren't protesting. they're just scum. They've put lives on the line, started dangerous fires and destroyed peoples homes.

also, from the images i've seen. there are a lot of children on these streets as well. where the hell are their parents?

Last edited:
I said last year we could expect this. Lengthy recession, rising unemployment,new Tory government becoming increasingly unpopular and so history repeating. I am old enough to remember this in 1981 and that was without the benefit of "social networking" to help these arseholes fan the flames.

Oddly enough I speculated to Spectre just now where it would start next. My favourite was Liverpool but with Birmingham and Manchester in second place and Bristol close behind. Still willing to be it goes off in all the others in the next day or so.

Best thing the decent and law-abiding can hope for now is a good spell of British summer weather. Can't see them being quite so keen if they are getting soaked.

Apparently Croydon is burning now - large fires, looting.

Shame our police are practically powerless, they can stand there with their shields, whilst their Astra diesels burn. I'd love to see them allowed to run into a looted shop and thump the fuckers. The spoilt, bored middle classes in Birmingham who just want a fight is appalling, those thugs smashing shop windows whilst girls behind them laugh, all deserve a good year in a cell.

Apparently Croydon is burning now - large fires, looting.

Croydon may technically be in Surrey but it falls within the M25 which most of us consider is pretty much all of Greater London even though some of it actually isn't.

There are certainly better targets for surplus violence then buildings and cars of innocent people.

Am I the only one getting some flash backs to the '68ers riots in Germany? I don't foresee any radical RAF-esque terror groups forming out of this, but I do see a lot of parallels. Ohnesorg's death, violent escalation by protestors, previous protests (uni students from the past year or two), etc.

Things are getting nasty.

Hope everyone stays safe.

Shame our police are practically powerless, they can stand there with their shields, whilst their Astra diesels burn. I'd love to see them allowed to run into a looted shop and thump the fuckers. The spoilt, bored middle classes in Birmingham who just want a fight is appalling, those thugs smashing shop windows whilst girls behind them laugh, all deserve a good year in a cell.

Behold the wages of political correctness.

Unless someone brings in overwhelming force to restore order soon, it's only going to get worse and it won't stop until the rioters get bored.

Anyone who's caught in this: Keep your head down, stay away from the windows, don't go out if you can avoid it and be ready to get the hell out. Watch the news as well; if nastiness looks to be heading in your general direction, somewhere else out of the city is really nice to be this time of year and perhaps it's time to go see it. Keep a 'listening' watch on the media and if you have friends or family with you, sleep in shifts to ensure someone's always on guard against fire or idiots.

Been there, done that, Los Angeles 1992.

Last edited:
There are certainly better targets for surplus violence then buildings and cars of innocent people.

They don't care. i would almost imagine that the targets are just ones of convienience. only the stores are probably being targeted.

Behold the wages of political correctness.

Unless someone brings in overwhelming force to restore order soon, it's only going to get worse and it won't stop until the rioters get bored.

i've seen a lot of tweets and messages of people all demanding the army to be sent in. thats if we've even got a army left to send in after the defence review.