London......My New Destination.

Raheel

Photoshop Mod
Car(s)
BMW E46 318 CI
Hi All.... Most of you will know that I had applied for a place at City University London for 4yr MEng Automotive and Motorsport Engineering.. I have been accepted a place there.

I have yet to apply for a visa...The University will start on 19 September, and I am planning to leave on 18...I shall be living in Uni Owned Accomodation at Finsbury.

I have bought most of the necessary stuff, i.e. pots and pans (But I can't cook!)

Any suggestions what I should take from madrid and what to buy from there.

Life is So Much Fun....

you'll need some bed clothes or whatever you call that (pillows, sheets etc). since you are going by plane, i'd leave those out, they consume lotsa space. forget about the pans, pots, glasses, dishes etc. lotsa space, very heavy and unnecessary. these are very cheap things that you can buy in every shop, so you can get them in england easily, no need to carry that.

you might wanna take some basic medicine, just in case.

if you are a smoker, get 1-2 big cartons (10-20packs) of cigarettes on the airport in spain, england is not cheap in that respect :)

and my suggestion is that you should leave definitely earlier than the 18th. be there AT LEAST 2-3 days before the uni starts. my guess is that you'll have to arrange a lot of paperwork and stuff for the uni when you get there, you'll have to figure out where to go, what classes you have, etc etc etc. + you need to get a bit familiar with the neighbourhood, check out transportation issues, shops, etc. if you go there 1 day before education starts, youmight find yourself quite in a rush to arrange several things, so better be there a few days earlier :)

i agree, if you can still change your flight. You'll want more time to get used the area and such.

Best of luck to you dude for your future plans!

Re: London......My New Destination.

raheel_qamar said:
Most of you will know that I had applied for a place at City University London for Automotive and Motorsport Engineering

Wow, what I cool degree, I wish I had picked that instead on boring old law (don't get me started on what a mistake that was).

Don't worry if you can't cook, London has a Take-a-Way for every kind of food you can imagine every 100 yards! Although like most students you'll end up eating mostly Kebab or Pizza. :lol:

Re: London......My New Destination.

Top Gear Girl said:
raheel_qamar said:
Most of you will know that I had applied for a place at City University London for Automotive and Motorsport Engineering

Wow, what I cool degree, I wish I had picked that instead on boring old law (don't get me started on what a mistake that was).

Don't worry if you can't cook, London has a Take-a-Way for every kind of food you can imagine every 100 yards! Although like most students you'll end up eating mostly Kebab or Pizza. :lol:

Pff way too expensive, if you want you can live on noodles with bread. I did it for a few weeks only but it's possible :)

Saves you cash for more important stuff...like a car 8)

Congratulations, sounds like a fun degree. Good luck!

get rich then buy me another car :p

Best of luck Raheel... and don't worry about not knowing how to cook, once you start living alone, you will learn... thats what happened when I moved to Melbourne :D

andyhui01 said:
Best of luck Raheel... and don't worry about not knowing how to cook, once you start living alone, you will learn... thats what happened when I moved to Melbourne :D

Lou: Y'know I went to the McDonalds in uh Shelbyville the other day.

Wiggum: The McWhat?

Lou: Uh, the McDonalds restaraunt. I never heard of it either but they have over 2000 locations in this State alone.

http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season7/films16.mp3

I can make eggs, kebabs, fry chicken and stuff...only problem is I cannot make curry....

I'll be taking a blanket with me. :D

Can't wait for 2008, thats when my Motorsport Team will make a car and participate in Formula Student.... I will gladly tune up and repair your cars for free :D but you pay for the parts... :) If I succeed ..that is

Congrats Raheel! Sounds like an awesome degree - my god why did I chose accounting :wall:

Thanks all you guys for the encouragement. I appreciate it. I will definately be around FG......

I'm planning to do a similiar course next year. 4 year Meng but still not sure in what. Prolly mechanical engineering..

Hey,

Enjoy London :D It'll put a hole in your pocket but i'm sure you will love it there while you do your cool uni course!

All the best :D

Cooking is easy, dont worry ;)

All you need is some meat, couple of vegtables, some spices, and one of those packages with some extra sauce or so :) Read off the instructions from the package that are so easy that even a donkey could make them, and in most cases you are done within 30-40minutes ;)

^haha yes tht is correct..... its so easy whn u have the sauce packs