Looking at total reputation list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
Sorry if I'm being a plain forum r-tard, but how can I look at my total list of reputation received?

Thanks

*hides because of stupidity*

^ It's in the User Control Panel, the link's up there, on the left.

I should rephrase. I want to look at every rep I've ever received, not the 20 or so there. Should have said that in the first place!

Ah, well in the case... errr... not sure. Odd you're only seeing ~20 reps - I see 50 in my 'latest' list.

You can only see the latest 50 or whatever.

Once you get so much rep, you really won't pay much attention to it anyway ;)

I think that means the person doesn't have any rep power yet, so it doesn't affect your rep at this point.

Just wondering: what exactly does the "rep power" represent? I've noticed that it doesn't seem to necessarily correlate to rep points.

As always thanks for the help.

I never understood that TBH, very clear now. :)

Also, is there any way of knowing whether a grey-rep is posative or negative (if say the comment box was left empty). And I also didn't understand rep power, so thanks Viper!

Also, is there any way of knowing whether a grey-rep is posative or negative (if say the comment box was left empty).

If it was empty, it was positive (neg requires a comment). And no, I don't think there is. :(

One little rep question if you don't mind.
On other forums that seem to use the same *insert correct techno-speak thing here*, the boards look similar and the controls are the same.
But, they show who left you a rep. Unless I've become a complete idiot, you don't seem to get that information here. Or do you?

Also, is there any way of knowing whether a grey-rep is posative or negative (if say the comment box was left empty). And I also didn't understand rep power, so thanks Viper!
Well, sort of.

To the left of the rep is a space (my first rep here has a green light in it). If you right click there and hit 'properties' it'll give you the file name. Positive reps end Pos. Negative reps end Neg.

Make sense?
Tough

I'm not actually able to give negative reps right now. I just have the "I approve" option. Not that I've wanted to give anybody a neg rep lately.

We do monitor the usage of reps. So if we find someone to be abusing it, we either remove either a specific ability, or just lock them out of the system.

You have the option to give a positive reputation when you approve of a specific post made on this forum. The message you leave will appear in the control center of the person you gave it too. And there's a rep counter, adding rep points a person receives and showing them in their stats on the left side of every post. There is a score as well as a set of green (or red) thingies showing how much reputation you have received. The more reputation you have, the more impact you have when giving rep.

Having a lot of positive rep means that you make a lot of good posts, so you are a credible source. That's the theory at least, usually, you get more rep for a fart joke than for a seriously presented issue. :lol:

You can also give negative rep if you don't approve of a specific post. The score will be subtracted from the persons rep count. Positive or negative, you should always have the balls to leave your name.

eh, I think the novelty factor has worn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.