Looking for work...?

Are they searching for other producers? Is Andy busy with other stuff?

Are they searching for other producers? Is Andy busy with other stuff?

Andy is the executive producer. There are multiple normal producers who Andy manages basically -- they control stuff like getting reshots of the car, in-studio, etc.

If they only needed ideas I'd apply... though I kind of already give those away for free. I don't really fit the job description, too bad for me.

Some very telling phrases in that job spec.

They should have a level of experience to show that they can handle and control high pressure shoots whilst at the same time having the freedom to let the films develop.

and. ...

Resilience
? Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations.
? Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.

So belting idiots who rush up to you and rant on about the Climate Change all being your fault is not on then - damn lets me out.

BBC said:
Essential skills, abilities and experience

? Proven experience of producing pre-recorded and studio items across relevant genres, in particular motoring, action and comedy programmes.

..aaand there's the problem with Top Gear. I guess thats the direction it'll always be in from now on and it'll never change.

No experience? Well, the BBC has production trainee schemes now and then, as well as pools of floater workers, and you can be placed on a wide range of shows as need arises.

Seems a bit strange to me to be going through the hiring process mid-production season, though. Does anyone know (perhaps from memory of the credits perhaps) how many producers they generally keep around? Perhaps they're hiring another, to spread the work around. Or, did someone leave... ;)

There was an earlier thread in January about their advert for a new Director for series 15. Same fixed-term contract and a lot of the same jargon in the job description - health and safety etc - so "new blood" seems about right.

If they would looking for scripters, I would apply! :)

My first job would be Audi R8 V10 vs Mercedes SLS AMG, and then, out of nowhere, the McLarren Stirling Moss with James in it is shooting... no I ment Idling at 20 out of nowhere! :D

If I hadn't recently got a lurvely, fluffy, tasty job I might have applied for that and hoped that my rejection letter had the Top Gear letterhead :p

If I hadn't recently got a lurvely, fluffy, tasty job I might have applied for that and hoped that my rejection letter had the Top Gear letterhead :p

Congrats on the new job! :D You'd get a generic BBC rejection e-mail, though, so not quite as exciting to be sure!

Some very telling phrases in that job spec.

They should have a level of experience to show that they can handle and control high pressure shoots whilst at the same time having the freedom to let the films develop.

and. ...

Resilience
? Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations.
? Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.

So belting idiots who rush up to you and rant on about the Climate Change all being your fault is not on then - damn lets me out.

All of those things scream: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WITH JEREMY CLARKSON CHANGING THE GOALPOSTS and YOU MUST NOT KILL THE CAST EVEN WHEN THEY REALLY DESERVE IT. At least to me anyway.

I have no experience, no ideas, and no skills... I think those things might count me out :)

do they hire people with no experience ?

Judging from that dauntingly detailed job spec, I'd say no! :p

To even have your application glanced at, you would have to be able to demonstrate your ability for every single criteria they list in the job spec and person spec.

Last edited:
Aww, it's "no longer being advertised" when I clicked on the link. Must've filled it.

(I wonder if they need a lower-level peon fresh out of school?)