Loose Change - A 9/11 Video

Firecat said:
It depends how you frame it, the scenarios as you wrote them are very leading....

On the same hand I could rewrite the first scenario as:-

1.) A group of 19 men organized in several countries, created an elaborate plan undetected by all intelligence agencies and carried out a precise attack on infrastructure in the United States. All financed by a man living in a cave.

That said, I've mentioned before that I don't really buy most of the conspiracy theories out there. We do know that intelligence agencies in this country has some type of knowledge of an impending attack, they likely just dismissed it as nonsence (as opposed to malice). And I do believe that the perpetrators of the attacks had some kind of assistance from foreign governments and/or other intelligence agencies (from other countries) has knowledge of the attack and withheld it.

I agree, I don't believe the government didn't know about it, but unfortunately it was lost in the shuffle. The problem with it though is that there are likely thousands of leads to possible attacks that the government would have to hunt down each and every day, and they'd have to identify the threat levels for each of those leads. It really is a needle in a haystack, for every one real terrorist attack there are plenty of "idle" threats.

I wouldn't necessarily say that attack was actively dismissed, but if it was worded as you put it above, it probably would have elicited the same reaction from an FBI agent, who was more concerned with other more imminent or credible threats.

Also another thing to the conspiracy theorists, how is it that this administration is keeping the "truth" about 9/11 under wraps when they can't even keep their own people out of the news for leaking classified information.

hokiethang said:
Firecat said:
It depends how you frame it, the scenarios as you wrote them are very leading....

On the same hand I could rewrite the first scenario as:-

1.) A group of 19 men organized in several countries, created an elaborate plan undetected by all intelligence agencies and carried out a precise attack on infrastructure in the United States. All financed by a man living in a cave.

That said, I've mentioned before that I don't really buy most of the conspiracy theories out there. We do know that intelligence agencies in this country has some type of knowledge of an impending attack, they likely just dismissed it as nonsence (as opposed to malice). And I do believe that the perpetrators of the attacks had some kind of assistance from foreign governments and/or other intelligence agencies (from other countries) has knowledge of the attack and withheld it.

I agree, I don't believe the government didn't know about it, but unfortunately it was lost in the shuffle. The problem with it though is that there are likely thousands of leads to possible attacks that the government would have to hunt down each and every day, and they'd have to identify the threat levels for each of those leads. It really is a needle in a haystack, for every one real terrorist attack there are plenty of "idle" threats.

I wouldn't necessarily say that attack was actively dismissed, but if it was worded as you put it above, it probably would have elicited the same reaction from an FBI agent, who was more concerned with other more imminent or credible threats.

Also another thing to the conspiracy theorists, how is it that this administration is keeping the "truth" about 9/11 under wraps when they can't even keep their own people out of the news for leaking classified information.

I'm not sure if you read this other post I made in the "Random Thoughts" thread a while ago...you may find it interesting....

Does anybody know John Patrick O'Neill? Referred to as "the man who knew"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P._O'Neill

He was an FBI agent that was investigating the '93 trade center bombing, USS cole bombings, and a number of other Al Qaeda related attacks. Anyway, he believed that there were cells operating in the US. His bosses didn't care much for him or what he thought though. He retired in August 2001, and took a job as head of security for the World Trade center. Speaking to his friend, and ABC news producer...

"he talked to his friend Chris Isham about the job. Jokingly, Isham said, ?Well, that will be an easy job. They're not going to bomb that place again.? O'Neill replied, ?Well actually they've always wanted to finish that job. I think they're going to try again.?

He was killed on 9/11.

Weird?

Frontline did a show on him which you can watch also
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/knew/

The evidence shown on this page dismisses that anything else than a plane hit the building. Besides, a missile hit doesen't look like this...