Ownership Verified: Loose loses logic and accidentally a 1999 Honda VFR 800 FI

loose_unit

DONOR
Car(s)
Model Y, NA MX-5, Volvo 940, Zastava
So, I had decided to buy one towards the end of winter - Since I owned my VFR 400 RR in New Zealand (PIC PIC PIC) I had been lusting after VFR 750's and VFR 800's.

Now I have settled down a bit in Germany, paid off a bunch of things and have a new job that pays a bit of extra money and someone on the forums letting me ride his green machine giving me a taste of what I had been missing. I decided I needed to get back into biking!

So, tonight, after looking at only this bike, I bought it.

A 1999 50th Anniversary RC46 VFR 800 FI:

In pictures I wasn't sold on the Silver and Red of it, but after seeing it in person I really liked it! And besides, it stems from an awesome history:

No proof pic yet, I pick it up in a few days and I will post one then :)

Note: Pics except for the keys are from the advert.

Last edited:
gratz!

Nice one!

Given your and my location, I propose to meet up at Gro?e Dh?nntalsperre sometime later this spring. :)

Great!
:thumbsup:

That is friggin' awesome!

Where's the loss of logic? You've been aiming for one of these for a good while. :p And while VFR really isn't my thing, the looks are definitely improved by that anniversary color scheme. :thumbup:

I don't get the love of bikes, but I do know the joy of finally getting something you've been lusting over for ages, so congratulations!

EEEEXCELLENT...

Like I said, finally! :D Congrats! I will be taking the keys come Ringmeet, you know :D

That requires you to be at ringmeet, you know that, right? :p

Thanks to everyone for your nice replies :)

Nice one!

Given your and my location, I propose to meet up at Gro?e Dh?nntalsperre sometime later this spring. :)

Thanks and deal!

Love that 50th Anniversary livery. Congrats dude! If I bring mine over for a Ring Meet...I may try to steal your fairings :lol:

:D There is some slight damage on them from a garage fall before the previous owner got it so you probably don't :p

Where's the loss of logic? You've been aiming for one of these for a good while. :p And while VFR really isn't my thing, the looks are definitely improved by that anniversary color scheme. :thumbup:

Well, I only checked out one bike and test road it for about 5 minutes :D That is more the loss of logic.

As mentioned I was pleasently suprised about the colour scheme in person, it really looks great!

Nice crotch rocket! A bit early for a mid-life crisis but still, really nice :)

VFR isn't a crotch rocket! It is a gentlemen's sports tourer... :-D

Like I said, finally! :D Congrats! I will be taking the keys come Ringmeet, you know :D

Of course, you gave me the taste of biking again, you can have a play :D But as Adu mentioned:

That requires you to be at ringmeet, you know that, right? :p

What!? You're a biker!?I always knew there was something wrong with you! Now I know the reason: A biker. Ack!

;)

All of my yes.

The Eifel is waiting for us!

Yupp! Totally!

What!? You're a biker!?I always knew there was something wrong with you! Now I know the reason: A biker. Ack!

;)

:D

I guess that explains everythign then!

Also, Greetings :D

Picked it up today! Proof!!!

Home:

With the Golf. Mazda is away parked somewhere else.

Edit: Took a slight detour on the way home, managed to just nudge 200 indicated without realising... :D Love it already after only 20kms or so! Vid will go up later :)

Last edited:
\o/