• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Los Angeles Auto Show: Saleen S331 Thunder

Overheat

Forum Addict
ford-f150-pickup.jpg

Sports car-maker and tuner Saleen is offering a high-performance pick-up truck based on Ford's F-150.

The Saleen S331 Thunder - not to be confused with Ford's own, now-discontinued, SVT Lightning - has its 5.4-litre V8 supercharged for 450bhp and 500lb ft of torque. It's kitted out with 23-inch wheels, a twin side exhaust-pipe system, racing suspension with coil-over shock absorbers and modified anti-roll bar. Its cabin is finished with racing pedals, silver trim, sports instruments and leather upholstery. All this will cost from $45,000-50,000, though Saleen will also offer a cheaper non-supercharged version: however, it still undercuts the Viper-engined Dodge SRT-10.

Don't worry, Europeans, this truck's not for you.

However, I hope to see a bunch in Alberta to compete with the SRT-10 Rams. The old Lightning is nice, but a bit dated now.

mautzel said:
I'll never get these "cars", it's like turning a Boeing 747 into a fighter jet :thumbsdown:

Thats cause your European :)

niteriyder said:
mautzel said:
I'll never get these "cars", it's like turning a Boeing 747 into a fighter jet :thumbsdown:

I?m not european, I?m also American (South American, but still American...) and also don?t get these things.

Redliner said:
niteriyder said:
mautzel said:

I?m not european, I?m also American (South American, but still American...) and also don?t get these things.

Voice from the US: "...countries whose best selling cars are devirates of small European four cylinder hatchbacks can not be considered truly American..."

For some time in the United States trucks were the only plateforms that were cheap where you could get rear wheel drive and V8 power. Trucks can also pull boats and camping trailers, many in the US have them, and the bed provides a large carho space. Some people want a functional and fast truck.

mautzel said:
Redliner said:
niteriyder said:
mautzel said:

Voice from the US: "...countries whose best selling cars are devirates of small European four cylinder hatchbacks can not be considered truly American..."

:| So what am I?

Redliner said:
mautzel said:
Redliner said:
niteriyder said:
mautzel said:

:| So what am I?

You gotta find out for yourself :mrgreen:
(Definitely something special, don't you live in one of the countries where you can power your car with alcohol :beer: )

And I don't complain that much about people who are actually needing a Pick up or an 4x4 eight seater lorry, but I can imagine that there's a fair amount of people to whom those vehicles are utterly useless and simply drive it because of fashional reasons. (For what else would you need a 500hp pick up - delivery cannot be that much faster than with a standard version especially when rather strict speed limits are spread all over the US)

i read in the newspaper this morning that brasil is the first country where human made fuel is sold more than natural fuel (petrol)

most was alcohol made out of sugarplant (transl?) and methanol

Wow, I knew that alcohol makes a fair amount of their fuel ressources, but that it is the leading fuel source? They're on the right track anyway, it's always wise to consume ressources that can be reproduced. Very few cars with the option for alcohol fuel are even available for Germany, but I think that there are only two or three fuel stations yet, so you've got to be careful to plan your route, but back to the topic - can the F250 be run on alcohol as well? :mrgreen: