LOST

LOST

• Total voters
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hated those deaths :( Jin had never even seen his little daughter or got to hold her :( who will take care of the little girl now? Other than that, epic episode, im glad we are getting to see an even eviler side of Locke now :D makes it a lot more interesting and to finally get some answers, at least we know Desmond isnt dead now, and im not sure, i cant remember his name, but i dont think the pilot is dead, we didnt see his body did we? Just Sun and Jin. Just a weird thought i have. Also, where the hell has richard, ben and miles got to?

no frank isnt dead, the producers confirmed that Sun, Jin and Sayid were dead, but didnt say Frank was.

also alterna-Claire has the most unconvincing baby bump i think ive seen on tv.

Well that ep taught us a lot and nothing. And they never mentioned the name of smokey, did they?

nope they didnt mention it, although i think it was Hulu's episode description said "Jacob and Esau learn their destiny"

thought it was a great ep but wish it had some more answers :mad:

only one more tuesday with Lost on before the 2hr 30mins Finale on Sunday 23rd

just saw this video on facebook, it was played at ABC's fall lineup conference.

although it may sound very lame i think im going to be very sad when this coming sunday and monday are over, with Lost and 24 ending on TV. its shows you follow and grow to love the characters week after week, year after year and then the stories come to their final chapters.

Last edited:
This is probably one of the best fan made trailers i've seen..

This is probably one of the best fan made trailers i've seen..

I'm beginning to think that Sunshine is getting overused as a soundtrack, even thought it is immensely awesome.

2 1/2 hr finale on sunday :woot:

Though i'm looking forward to the finale.. It's going to be heartbreaking when it's over. It's like what jmpfan said, you follow the characters for so long you feel like you know them. 6 Years of television bliss coming to an end. :(

wow that fanmade trailer was incredible. really stirred up some emotions watching that. Desmond and Penny have to be one of the greatest TV love stories ever. The Constant in Season 4 was one of, if not THE best Lost episode ever.

definitely think, and not ashamed to admit that when ive finished watching the Finale i'll need a moment or several to process that its all over. its been one hell of a magical ride (despite being a major mindf@?k at times)

think Terry O'Quinn summed it up best in the cast video saying "you close the book and you dont want the book to come to an end, but you close the book and go "god that was great" "

Last edited:
I wonder if it would be a proper 2.5 hour finale, or would it have an hour of "what happened previously".

Also, I think the overall plot has dumbed down a lot in the past few episode.

WHAT THE HELL WAS DHARMA AND WHY WAS IT STARTED? Who were the others? Richard was with the "others" - were they with Jacob or the other dude?

I am disappointed that it has just come down to the battle between Good and Bad, in something surprisingly similar to the Bible.

I hope that at least they will bring the two realities together at the end.

I wonder if it would be a proper 2.5 hour finale, or would it have an hour of "what happened previously".

it will be a full episode of 2.5hrs, before i think there is a "what happened previously" thing, and after the episode ends is a special Jimmy Kimmel where 3 alternative endings will apparently be shown. overall time of the ep minus ads will probably be around 1hr45mins i reckon

edit: you read that the writers have stated they only shot 1 ending for the Finale, so the 3 alternate ones are probably made by Jimmy Kimmel Live

Last edited:
Brilliant...the series ends in the traditional "What the fuck happened" spirit :(

So the guys on the plane - what happens to them? Or Hugo, Desmond, and Ben? Or Bernard and his wife? The guys in the present...are they in "heaven", "hell", "purgatory" or "reality? And why did they bring some of the old characters, but not all? Anna Lucia - yeah, she appeared as a cop, but she wasn't invited to the meeting in the church. Overall, they could've come up with a better ending. We still don't know what the fuck the light is.

Anyone watching in the US see the Target smoke monster/smoke alarm ad... :lmao:

That was a shit ending. It didn't explain what was going on at all.

Brilliant...the series ends in the traditional "What the fuck happened" spirit :(

So the guys on the plane - what happens to them? Or Hugo, Desmond, and Ben? Or Bernard and his wife? The guys in the present...are they in "heaven", "hell", "purgatory" or "reality? And why did they bring some of the old characters, but not all? Anna Lucia - yeah, she appeared as a cop, but she wasn't invited to the meeting in the church. Overall, they could've come up with a better ending. We still don't know what the fuck the light is.

I believe the explanation was they all went on to live their long lives and eventually died of natural causes or whatever. They then ended up in... that place ("time has no meaning here").

good thing about Lost now being over is i can start watching from the beginning and watch it right through to the end. I only got as far as the first season and now have a few evenings worth of entertainment and mind boggling confusion.

I liked it, but I can see why many people hated. In the beggining, almost every mistery in Lost was about the island and could be theorized as something scientifical. Turns out, the series was all about spirituality. They needed a 6th season to prepare the ground for this finale, it woudn't have the same effect to just throw it. The realt was there for it. Jack's father words did the rest: their time together, in the island or not, was the most important and they needed eachother to 'move on'. For the skeptics, that must've been terrible! I believe in God and all so I think that might've helped. I found it to be a very nice message about redemption, Ben being the best example. He's not ready to go inside, probably he'll wait for his daughter.
It wasn't perfect, though. The island was left as something that really exhists but we don't know why. Granted, since it all went mystical, you could go with Jacob's explanation of the bottle, but that tells what it is there for, not WHY. All the Dharma things and humans there over the times were diminushed in importance. Ok, they probably wanted us to realise that, now, but I feel like I was caught in a bad joke. It seemed to be important but in the end it didn't matter. At all.
All in all it was positive. We can't deny Lost changed a few things in TV. It didn't end as spectacular as it was at one point but I guess it'll always be like that in tv: people are not worried about doing it right, they are worried about making money. They got lost in the middle trying to fill as many seasons as ABC could have. It happened before (X-files, Prison Break...) and it'll happen again, a shame. But the journey up to this point was exciting, and I was entertained. That's what matters.

PS- As a Star Trek man, 'The Next Generation' is still the best TV show for me. Lost couldn't take that post! =P