LOST

LOST

• Total voters
What about Aaron then? Why is he as a baby at the end? And why was there such a big deal made about him before Claire got on the plane? That psychic insisting that Claire raises the child herself was just a load of bullshit? He was the one who has put her on the flight 815 for fuck's sake!

MXM, we will probably find a list of unanswered things tbh and just have to give up and move on, and never trust those writers again :p I think they made so many stupid mysteries that they didnt know what way they were going and couldnt answer it at all so just gave a half assed ending and hope that the fans would be happy

the writers should make a Lost Encyclopaedia, explaining everything, including current plotholes and unanswered questions.

It would sell well.

the writers should make a Lost Encyclopaedia, explaining everything, including current plotholes and unanswered questions.

It would sell well.

they are bringing out dvds with cut scenes added in and writers interviews where they explain stuff apparently, also known as, hurrah, lets get a shitload of money for pulling people along for 6 years :p

I share Ruthi's cynicism; Lost has been turning "plot holes" into a media franchise since 2004; why stop now? The finale struck me as "we didn't know how to tie all this shit up".

< watched until season 3, then decided it was too silly to follow anymore

Last edited:
I think it would make an epic film if they did an explanation as to how the cork holding the evil back was made :) or some bases into the ancient past of the island

Just watched the finale...Honestly i am elated it's over. I expected to be disappointed by the ending so it didn't come as a surprise. One thought i have is why the writers created all this enigma, riddles, questions etc only to dismiss them as unimportant. If it is unimportant you stupid f**k then answer it in one of the tens of "filler" episodes you made as endure. Unless they (the writers) created all these questions with no intention of answering them either because they wouldn't be bothered with finding an answer to each and every question they introduced or because they want to sell the boxset. If that's the case then well done cause as sure as hell i won't buy it. They raised the bar so high that they didn't even try to go over it, instead the crawled underneath it...

Oh wow. I think all of us were enduring these last couple season thinking it would all come together, that it was getting more complicated in order to come to a beautiful end where everything made sense.

So much for that...:(

Also, OH PLEASE for the Jesus reference when Jack got stabbed.

Knife to the lower right chest side, remembers you of anyone?

crucifixion-1.jpg

i think him lying down next to Vincent was a great end to the show, full circle,

Pilot: in bamboo forest - wakes up - opens eye - sees vincent
Ending: in bamboo forest - sees vincent - closes eye - dies

The thing that makes me disappointed is that the last 2 seasons simply feel like the writers were going out of their minds to tie all the loose ends they've set, it's the price you pay for berserk thinking "let's make a crazy ass island where anything could happen" AKA the 1st & 2nd seasons.

All in all I loved Lost and I'm bummed it's over. There was no good way to end it and they got away with an ok ending which is something. I didn't hate the ending as much as it seems everyone around me did, I simply see no better way to end it.

Also, OH PLEASE for the Jesus reference when Jack got stabbed.

Knife to the lower right chest side, remembers you of anyone?

You mean his dad being named "Christian Sheppard" didn't tip you off earlier?

Last edited:

Best summary ever !

Last edited:
It just dawned on me...could it be that they all died from the nuke in Season 5? And now this sixth season they were all dead, yet had 2 "virtual" personalities.

If that is the case...then the whole sixth season sucked!

It just dawned on me...could it be that they all died from the nuke in Season 5? And now this sixth season they were all dead, yet had 2 "virtual" personalities.

No, that's not what happened. The nuke, Jughead, didn't actually do anything. Juliet was lying next to it and even she didn't die until Sawyer had gone in to get her. As per Christian Shepard's lame ass reveal at the end, we find out that everything that happened on the Island happened, the only thing that did not take place in the real world is the sideways storyline of the sixth season which turned out to be what they were imagining while in purgatory. Those people who we saw leave the Island at the end presumably actually live for some time in the real world before dying naturally and then meeting up with the rest in that church.

The plane crash, all the freaky stuff that went on on the Island, Jacob and his brother and all the flashbacks of the earlier seasons are all real.

The finale left a lot of unanswered questions, but I feel like people are just not remembering a lot of things and chalking it up to neglect on the part of the writers. Ruthi mentioned that it made no sense to see Richard leaving on the Ajira plane in the end because he had never lived in or experienced the modern world; simply not true, you don't remember him visiting Locke as a child or recruiting Juliet to go work on the Island?

MXM mentioned that he doesn't understand Aaron's significance because that Australian psychic told Claire that she must raise the baby herself. But we find out via Mr. Eko later on that the psychic is a fraud, meaning he most probably had no clue about Aaron and Claire. I do not know why he insisted that Claire be on flight 815 specifically, but he definitely confessed to Mr. Eko that he's a fraud.

So you at least agree that the characters in the sixth season that were off the island were not real.

Speaking about the nuke - we saw a bright light (assuming from the explosion), yet nobody died...how did that happen?

And the fact that the plane flew away with Frank, Richard, Myles, Sawyer and Kate was a major plot hole. What happens to them? It seems like they made it, and they survived...but then 2 minutes later, Sheppard just explains that everyone is dead...WEAK!

And the fact that the plane flew away with Frank, Richard, Myles, Sawyer and Kate was a major plot hole. What happens to them? It seems like they made it, and they survived...but then 2 minutes later, Sheppard just explains that everyone is dead...WEAK!

they probably lived their own lives and i just took it as everything that happened in the church occurs after everyone dies.