LOST

LOST

• Total voters
MIND IS BLOWN!

The 2 hour finale should be rather epic!

You have a point. If anything, it made the story even more complicated - what is Desmond going to do now...in both world? That's why mmy mind is blown...

But I also wonder how they are going to solve everything in the last 6 episodes. I bet there will still be questions unanswered at the end.

simply awesome episode. its really really picking up the pace now and hurtling towards the final episodes. dont want the show to end but at the same time i badly want answers to everything.

wow, excellent episode.

I wasn't paying full attention to the final scene so when Desmond ran over Locke I was like WTF, that was uncalled for!

and then i remembered what he was trying to do

Desmond has "remembered" about everything that happened on the island, and that the smoke monster in Lockes body was basically, evil, so thought killing locke would somehow make the evil locke in the alternate time line vulnerable. Its basically about matching the time lines i think.

Last edited:
Desmond has "remembered" about everything that happened on the island, and that the smoke monster in Lockes body was basically, evil, so thought killing locke would somehow make the evil locke in the alternate time line vulnerable. Its basically about matching the time lines i think.

But he didn't know Locke is the smoke monster. Even after he pushed him in the well, he still hasn't seen him in his new...self.

So Desmond is now like Jesus - showing people the right way and opening their eyes. What I'm wondering - even if they do realize their past, what can they do about it? There is no point in going back to the island...again!
I guess the show really is becoming like Back to The Future, having two parallel realities.

The shot of Locke looking up at the sky with blood on his face after being run over was very similar to the first shot of Locke we ever saw which was lying on the beach immediately after the crash, I think the shirt he was wearing on both occasions was the same too

Im wondering if that signals something...

But he didn't know Locke is the smoke monster. Even after he pushed him in the well, he still hasn't seen him in his new...self.

So Desmond is now like Jesus - showing people the right way and opening their eyes. What I'm wondering - even if they do realize their past, what can they do about it? There is no point in going back to the island...again!
I guess the show really is becoming like Back to The Future, having two parallel realities.

I think he somehow knows in a way that it is the smoke monster, he wasn't scared of him, and acted far too calmly when he was at the well with Locke, like he already knew what was going to happen. When he woke up from his electromagnetic experience with Widmore, he just seemed to know everything that was going on and co-operated with Widmore, thats why I kinda think hes like the new Jacob, and as Faraday mentioned, Desmond is the constant, so perhaps he is like Jacob in a sense, reaching out to those in the alternate time line and trying to fix things the way they should be, the real Locke is dead in the proper timeline, but in the alternate reality he is alive, so perhaps Desmond thought that in order for everything to be "fixed" the same circumstances should be present in each time line. Thats just my theory anyway, the whole thing hurts my head.

That's because his brain was fried :D

We also have to determine which one is the real and which one is the alternative reality.

(no spoiler needed here)

The Hurley and Libby get together made me go awwww.. :D

I think Ruthi's on the right track with regards to matching timelines.. I'm still struggling to piece it together exactly..

Pretty sure Desmond ran over Alt-Locke was to make Alt-Locke start remembering stuff, instead of killing him (This is LOST, after all, nothing appears as it is). Alt-Locke needed a traumatic event, like breaking his spine again, in order to recovering those memories again.

That makes no sense, considering original Locke is dead and we've seen that the alternate characters that are dead in the original world remember everything automatically.

That makes no sense, considering original Locke is dead and we've seen that the alternate characters that are dead in the original world remember everything automatically.

wait wait wait.. did you just rebut someone else's theory about Lost because you said that it would "makes no sense"? Are we watching the same show here? :lol:

Aw man .. </3 :(

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hated those deaths :( Jin had never even seen his little daughter or got to hold her :( who will take care of the little girl now? Other than that, epic episode, im glad we are getting to see an even eviler side of Locke now :D makes it a lot more interesting and to finally get some answers, at least we know Desmond isnt dead now, and im not sure, i cant remember his name, but i dont think the pilot is dead, we didnt see his body did we? Just Sun and Jin. Just a weird thought i have. Also, where the hell has richard, ben and miles got to?

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hated those deaths :( Jin had never even seen his little daughter or got to hold her :( who will take care of the little girl now? Other than that, epic episode, im glad we are getting to see an even eviler side of Locke now :D makes it a lot more interesting and to finally get some answers, at least we know Desmond isnt dead now, and im not sure, i cant remember his name, but i dont think the pilot is dead, we didnt see his body did we? Just Sun and Jin. Just a weird thought i have. Also, where the hell has richard, ben and miles got to?

I'd say, once the proper candidate has been found or Locke is dead (thats obviously what Widmore is trying to acomplish) reality could go its normal way like nothing ever happened.
There are some of the final pages of the script floating around afaik, but I closed the page as soon as I read that a link would follow, so I dunno...