Lots and Lots of Old Vehicles in a Tiny Museum (Fahrzeugmuseum Marxzell)

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
With the world being basically on hiatus, I finally got the motivation to get through a particular set of old photos that I meant to post for almost seven years. Yes, I am ashamed it took so long.

In June 2013, as part of my first multi-day motorcycle tour, we visited the Fahrzeugmuseum Marxzell (lit.: Vehicles Museum Marxzell) at the tiny town of, you guessed it, Marxzell, half an hour south of Karlsruhe in the south-west of Germany. The museum is privately run, cheap to enter and, most importantly, while small absolutely packed with all kinds of old cars. It does not focus on the especially glamourous cars - most of the stuff comes from the 50s and 60s, I think - and the presentation sometimes gives the impression of the owner being more of a hoarder than a collector. :D

Sadly, with most pictures I have absolutely no clue what the vehicle in question is. So I'm just dumping the photos without further comment and in order of shooting - representing the chaotic principle of just placing the objects where there was space that the museum apparently followed. ;)
One thing I'll say though - this is definitely a worthy stop for any future roadtrips that happen to go through that corner of Germany. I'd love to visit it again with some of the walking encyclopedias of car knowledge we have among our ranks. :)

The whole album be viewed here. Here's part of it:

Last edited:
Looks like a nice place too spend some time. Even if the cars and motorcycles are too tightly packed. I wish I had known about this place when I spent some time not too far away on some business trips.

I ended up visiting the Unimog-Museum instead. Which is not too far away from this place either and might be of interest to atleast some people on here.

A bit too cramped, but you can see some gems in the chaos.
Thanks for posting that.

Reminds me of a local museum here, The Volo Auto Museum however, this is a bit more cramped but just as widespread for things.

Looks interesting!

The stunning black coupe with brown leather interior is a Borgward Isabella. The green almost Audi thing is an NSU Ro80. Both favourites of mine.

The stunning black coupe with brown leather interior is a Borgward Isabella. The green almost Audi thing is an NSU Ro80. Both favourites of mine.

Local guy had built pro-street Borgward Isabella Kombi. Not my photo, but this is it, looks like it went east when he sold it.

20171242000_0056c8318b.jpg

Reactions: MWF
This is a Tatra 600. We need @public looking at some of these - he'd do far better than me on a lot of them.

IMG_245345f9167a72f5553a.md.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that's two of those I know too, I just didn't want to post comments on only some of the pictures. :D

Very cool pictures :)