Jalopnik: Lotus Eterne Sedan Concept

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
500x_lotus_eterne_concept.jpg

lotus_eterne_4.jpg

Here are the first leaked photos of the Lotus Eterne four-door sedan, set to debut officially at the Paris Motor Show. We have no details about the car's performance, but it's clear Lotus has built the vaguest luxosportsedan in history.

according to the first murmurs about it, everything about the styling appears to come off of some other car. I personally like it though.

It's shaped suspiciously like the Tesla Model S in overall form.

I think Lotus needs a new designer.

Why?!?!?!

Why do all these companies (Porsche, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, and now Lotus) feel the need to make a 4 door? They should stick to their roots and keep making proper sport cars.

(yeah, I know Aston had the Lagonda, and Porsche had the Troutman, and the 989 concept, but still).

Because they're companies. And companies are about making money. If they see a demand that's not being met, they'll try to develop a product for it. It's all about money, my friend, in this world

+1 when i saw it i thought it was a weird japanese car that mazda would put out for a concept.

I quite like it to be honest @_@

Actually I had a thought about the new design direction Lotus seems to be taking and it does seem very Japanese in influence. Then I considered the fact that they are using Toyota and Lexus powerplants, and that Toyota seem to have stopped making anything interesting in the Celica/MR2 vein and then I :blowup:

Is it just me, or does this car look like someone took the front half of a footballer's Lagonda and the rear half of a Panamera and stuck them together?

The front reminds me of a DB9, and the body/side reminds me of a BMW like a 5 of 6 series. I don't know why.
I don't mind it though.. it doesn't have the usual 'lotus' look.

To me it looks like Lotus is working on becoming a generic super car maker. I don't see them making much profit from this foray.