Lotus Europa S tested (autobild.de)

targa_997

Car(s)
Z3 Roadster 2.8i
http://www.autobild.de/test/neuwagen/artikel.php?artikel_id=12327

d7ffbc4c96ecb8ee9fcffcf355eb8f8b_1.jpg

Seems to be a Lotus you can live with

http://img62.imageshack.**/img62/8012/europatopoa9.th.jpg

I forgot who said it but its one of those cars that looks good from the view of a helicopter of just from your tenement roof

ICH WILL DAS :shock:

that is sexy

edit: the rear is kinda Viper-esque

I just don't know. I can't make my mind up on whether I like it or not :|

It's wayyyyy too expensive... who on earth pays 50k? for a 200hp 4-cyl turbo. It may not weigh a lot, but thats just.... ewww.
Also they guy at TimesOnline hated it.

starscars38.jpg

Id buy one of it had a Zooropa vinyl as it's one hell of an album. Id buy one over a Cayman any day, looks like a grown up Exige/Elise which is a good thing.

The jury's still out on this one for me. Although it's uber small, it just seems too big for a Lotus. I'm also not really sure about the shape of the rear 1/3... :think:

Europa S featured the new Evo cover and they ran a decent test drive with it. It's much more easier to live with than Elise yet not that much slower. Power to weight ratio is good, 1000kg, 200hp.

They gave it four stars which is nice actually.

I personally like the car but I don't like Lotus because you can't really see their cars nowhere but in UK :)

I like the Exige and it should be as hardcore as possible... That is the only reason Lotus still exists, IMHO..

the Europa R with 250bhp should be a great car for people looking for something a bit less hardcore than the exige .
But still compare to a cayman the exige S doesn't come cheap

The front is nice, but the back looks like that.. ehm.. Chrysler thing. Cant remember the name. :oops:

Anyway, if I was going to buy a Lotus, I would much rather buy a fully specced up Exige S, with leather and all that sorts.

This one is much uglier.
3.jpg

8.jpg

I like this new europa, it's a lot better looking than the earlier elise, and many other Lotus'. Personally I think the Esprit and Elan were the only good looking Lotus' until recently.