• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Lotus Europa S

Tomo Motorsport

Got the story from here: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2005/12/lotus-europa-s.html

Heres the pics.

i74ysk.png
i74yo7.png

i74yt4.png
i74ytw.png

*edit*
Heres another pic from Global Auto Index
norm_2_orig.jpg

rear looks cool
side is ok
not so sure about the nose though

but i like the 200hp on 900kg :thumbsup:

elise is much better looking.. this is just weird

logo said:
elise is much better looking.. this is just weird

I agree, this thing doesn't scream fast or light to me for some reason. Its still cool though.

It's ok. I just think it misses the point of a lotus. And that is lightweight. It is what lotuses have to offer over other sportcars. (Yes yes, cathram etc. also does lightweights, but they are more like kit cars). Almost everytime lotus puts out a new version lately it becomes heavier. Thats a shame. screw safety and comfort and make some ligth nimble cars.

Two words: Esprit replacement.

Though for them to go back to the original Esprit's approach of a turbo 4 is a bit strange, coming off the latest Esprit's turbo V8.

Labcoatguy said:
Two words: Esprit replacement.

Though for them to go back to the original Esprit's approach of a turbo 4 is a bit strange, coming off the latest Esprit's turbo V8.

I dont think this is the Esprit replacement, the Esprit was a supercar, and to replace it with a fat elise is madness. This is just a touring elise.

I dont think this is the Esprit replacement, the Esprit was a supercar, and to replace it with a fat elise is madness. This is just a touring elise.
Yeah, i think so too. I'm pretty sure they are gonna make a completely new Esprit, and i bet it will have 911 price and performance.

Come to think of it, the europa s does look like a crossfire from the back, and when i'm at it, the front lights are kinda Acura/Honda RSX ish. Not a very harmonic mix IMO.

Kebab gud said:
i found this picture, if you look at the bottom.. you se a GM badge :(
Yep, the next Lotus Europa will use the famed GM Series II 3800 8.7 liter superturbopressurizationed Veebloody8 engine, producing 107 horsepower and 0.002 lb/ft of torque. ;)

i dont like how it looks at all. i'm not a fan of the VX220-ish size. the Elise does it better. It looks like its on stilts with really really thin tires. I'm sure that its one helluva fun car to drive.
and i thought that GM had nothing to do with Lotus anymore? doesnt Toyota provide the engine?

so its got an EcoTec from the sunfire :p

I don't like the looks, especially from the side, can't believe Lotus came up with it - their design department has done by far better jobs in the past.

If it's a 2-litre turboengine there's actually a big chance that it comes from Saab. IIRC GM putted Saab-engines in a couple of turbocharged Opels including the Speedster (VX220).