Lotus Exige S 240, Triumph Daytona 675, Triumph Speed Triple

syf0n

Über Photographer
I think you guys are going to enjoy these ones quite a bit...when they're done! ;-)

Here's a little teaser until I can post some later tonight...

2444753092_d83763dee6.jpg

Yay, I got back from India last night and guess what's waiting!! yay for that :)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: your colors, contrast and lighting is f'ing awesome! Any chance you could bump up the size a tiny bit? 500 pixels is a bit small. How about some in atleast 640 or 800? Pretty please, with suggar on top? :)

I like the photo of the 2 bikes, nice lighting. Not such a fan of the Exige shot though... the green tinge isn't working for me, especially with that red car. There's a lot of light falloff towards the back of the car, it'd be nice to have some more light on that rear wheel. Also, the pose/expression looks fairly awkward.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the set though.

I like the photo of the 2 bikes, nice lighting. Not such a fan of the Exige shot though... the green tinge isn't working for me, especially with that red car. There's a lot of light falloff towards the back of the car, it'd be nice to have some more light on that rear wheel. Also, the pose/expression looks fairly awkward.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the set though.

hah! no need for analysis, it's just an unedited stand-in of myself next to one of my favorite cars ;-) I will post edited shots of the lotus later.

You had the colour balance right for the motorcycles, why the green tinge on all the Lotus shots? The reflection of the greenified concrete makes it look like there's mud all over the side of the car.

You had the colour balance right for the motorcycles, why the green tinge on all the Lotus shots? The reflection of the greenified concrete makes it look like there's mud all over the side of the car.
because red and green are complimentary colors. using the green tint ND filter creates a color theme :) it also helps "stop things down" a little further and give me more light control.

I get a lot of BS about having to sign up for sumphin'-sumphin' to view it <_<
Same here. Never had that problem with flickr before.

On the other hand... Great shots! I'm actually diggin the green tint on the Exige shots. :mrgreen:

because red and green are complimentary colors. using the green tint ND filter creates a color theme :) it also helps "stop things down" a little further and give me more light control.

They're complimentary when separate. Never heard of a green tint ND filter, I thought ND stood for neutral density, neutral meaning no colour change. I'm not so keen on the reflection in the red paint either, I was angling my screen trying to work out if it was mud, or reflection, or what.

Nice shots though, I've always liked your work.

They're complimentary when separate. Never heard of a green tint ND filter, I thought ND stood for neutral density, neutral meaning no colour change. I'm not so keen on the reflection in the red paint either, I was angling my screen trying to work out if it was mud, or reflection, or what.

Nice shots though, I've always liked your work.

all ND filters give off some type of "color cast" whether or not you perceive it...here it is accented because the strobes were gelled

Unless you're using those godawful Cokin ND filters, the majority of ND filters produce no color cast that I've seen. Who made your ND filter?

I use Canon and Hoya filters for almost everything including ND. Try doing some research on ND color cast. I don't have any solid links on it, just some articles in text from uni. I realize a few of you guys think it is a flaw or inaccuracy, but it is something I intended from the beginning and actually played up quite a bit in these images by manipulating the light to accommodate. I enjoy the cross-processed look and the green tint is what I was going for.