Lotus Exige used on Top gear is up for sale!

anti-net

While having a look on autotrader.co.uk for a car I stumbled across this:
The Lotus Exige used by Jeremy Clarkson to evade a military helicopter is for sale on Auto Trader.

The 2004 model is powered by a 1.8-litre engine producing 190bhp and 133lb/ft of pulling power.

This means acceleration from 0-60mph in 4.9 seconds and a top speed of 147mph, while managing a respectable 32mpg.

And all this power strapped into a super-lightweight sports car shell means unbelievable handling and mobility.

In the episode, screened in 2004, Jeremy Clarkson had the job of evading missile lock from an army-piloted Apache gunship helicopter, while behind the wheel of the nimble Lotus.

To enhance the Exige?s chances of avoiding missile lock, it was sprayed metallic starlight black with black alloy wheels, while the dashboard and seats were covered with stealthy grey Alcantara and carbon leather.

But the Apache is an incredible machine powered by two Rolls-Royce engines, each producing 2,241bhp.

And the 163mph chopper has an incredible radar system and is loaded with an awesome arsenal including CRV7 rockets and Hellfire missiles.

Clarkson successfully manoeuvred his way round the ?10 million Apache when in close range, but when the Apache moved away it instantly got lock.

The 3-year-old Lotus Exige ? which has recently been serviced and has 35,000 miles on the clock ? can be yours for ?19,995.

Source

Nice!

Nice!

Very nice :) if only i had a spare ?20,000 and was a few inches shorter lol!

20-grand is a bit much for something we know's been trashed

^ I was going to say, for something that you know Clarkson has driven the snot out of, it should be more discounted than that ;)

^ Lotuses are designed to be driven like that, it would be a waste not to drive it right on the edge

I love the way they believe mentioning that Jeremy drove it, somehow makes it more desirable. Seriously - who are you going to impress with that?

Gullible gimp who buys it: 'Ooh, you know Jeremy Clarkson once drove my car?
Woman in bar: Once?
Gullible gimp who buys it: Yes.
Woman in bar: Get away from me, or I'm phoning my dad.

I love the way they believe mentioning that Jeremy drove it, somehow makes it more desirable. Seriously - who are you going to impress with that?

Gullible gimp who buys it: 'Ooh, you know Jeremy Clarkson once drove my car?
Woman in bar: Once?
Gullible gimp who buys it: Yes.
Woman in bar: Get away from me, or I'm phoning my dad.

And not only that, but he'll have to deal with the indignity of getting out, unless he's Hamster-sized. :lol:

Wow A) that depreciated fast, but i suppose thats expected for a Lotus, and B) its a piece of British tv history. could increase in value...