'Loud' keyboard users

I've got a WASD V1 with Cherry MX Blues.

^ That looks really nice.

I just placed an order for a Tesoro Durandal Ultimate G1NL with Cherry MX Red switches and red backlighting. Hopefully is an ok keyboard, never heard of the brand but it has good reviews.
durandal-ultimate-g1nl-led-mechanical-red-b2ed1f1d0e9e06459194c81bcc5ba565.jpg

Edit: Switched to brown switches

Last edited:
Would cherry mx reds (or potentially browns) with 0.4mm o rings be the most silent way to go with a mechanical keyboard?

I want to buy some o-rings for my new keyboard. Are those WASD o-rings worth the price over those cheap ebay ones?

Last edited:
71Pnk1uBJiL._SL1500_.jpg

Just ordered this. CM Storm Quick Fire XT with Cherry MX Blues, and at 70 eur it's incredible value. Expected delivery date is Friday or Saturday. Can't wait to annoy my household with CLICKETY.

WASD v2 seems like a tempting buy, but the price is off-putting. What other brands sell 88 key mechanical keyboards with mx reds?

After living with it, I wouldn't recommend the Corsair K70 RGB if you were sold on the LED aspect. I'm sure the key switches could very well last longer due to how they are made...however, unless the room is very dark, their illumination is almost pastel. It's not very bright. I would say to find another model, or wait for v2.0.

Also, all of their marketing stated that there are 16.8 million colors...but this is not the case. The demo units showed incredibly smooth color shifts and brightness adjustments, but the production model has proven to be much more limited. There are visible "steps" from one color to another, even when your program specifically just calls for a smooth shift from one to another, with no programmed steps in between. The same holds true when dimming them. I tried making one look like it was "breathing" but it looks like how old NES games used to fade to black in their cut scenes (steps down in brightness).

I also really don't like the rubberized wrist wrest. I would much rather have had it be hard plastic. I use this keyboard for hours and hours every single day...I couldn't possibly wash my hands enough to prevent shiny spots on the wrist rest.

Lastly, I don't know what it is about this keyboard, but I'm CONSTANTLY hitting the caps lock key accidentally. Can't figure it out.

Oh, and I can't really hold it against the keyboard because this isn't meant to be the programmable multi-function model, but I do miss having a calculator and shut-down key like I have on my other keyboard.

Last edited:
Spanner in the works: would be ideal if I could get it with a scandinavian keyset. UK in the least (ISO)... :p

EDIT: CM Storm is available.

Last edited:
71Pnk1uBJiL._SL1500_.jpg

Just ordered this. CM Storm Quick Fire XT with Cherry MX Blues, and at 70 eur it's incredible value. Expected delivery date is Friday or Saturday. Can't wait to annoy my household with CLICKETY.

It arrived, in the smallest box they could find:
IMG-20150116-WA0003.jpg

And this is how it now looks on my desk:
DSC_2969.jpg

DSC_2970.jpg

The clickety is GLORIOUS, and it types heavenly, I could get used to this.

My Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2014.. is getting a bit annoying, the U button keeps sticking just for a moment, making it so i get double of the u on one press, i've taken it out and checked it, there's nothing under the button itself doing it... can it be the switch?

They don't use cherry switches, right?

See the logo:
RZBWU_14.JPG

Said on the box it was their own, i didn't do much research into it :p

But i am concidering a new keyboard now, as it is actually kinda annoying having to erase U's at random when the keyboard decides i need two of them.

Which ones are good now?

The switches are actually made by Kaihua, a Chinese company, by Razer's order, and they are similar to their Kailh switches.