Ownership Verified: LP impulse buys a new car

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
So as many of you might know from my random thoughts thread post, I was in a car accident and my 2011 Honda Civic went bye-bye.

REST IN PEAS HONDA.

So I had to go for a new car and here it is:

J/K, here it actually is.

Here it is in the snowfall that just happened an hour ago:

2015 Subaru Impreza sport limited. Leather interior, automatic climate control, blue toofs, all-weather package (windshield wiper de-icer, heated mirrors), all-weather floor mats. 5 door (obv), Symmetrical AWD (obv), 17 inch alloy wheels, all-Season 205-50-17 tires (going to get Bridgestone Blizzaks for the next winter, too late now as the weather is predicted to go up into the 40s and 50s, yay warmth). 148 HP, 0-60 in LOL can't do more than 55 in this state, CVT so my friends & aged father can also drive it, and it has paddle shifters (believe it or not).

I'm also going to get upgraded speakers (i think they said Harmon Kardon, but might just be kicker speakers).

Also comes with custom dickbutt? on the license plate.

Backstory:

I got into an accident as we had a freak snowstorm here, and parts of the road were unplowed/not at all salted. I was too afraid to drive on the highway as people were going WAY too fast (I was trying to keep to 30 mph). Intended to turn off the freeway onto the purported "Snow emergency route" and it totally was not plowed at all. My Honda skidded on the snow coming off the freeway and was doing about 15 mph before it skid into a guardrail. It still somehow drove, although the airbags went off, the entire driver side of the car was damaged and the seatbelt would not engage after that. I suffered minor concussion symptoms and was out of work for a couple days. I was also out of a car, as the insurance company informed that it was "totaled". Meaning the repair of the car was more than 75% the price of the car. So my poor little reliable guy that took me everywhere without incident finally had to be given up. I said a little prayer for it before parting ways. Somedays when I see a grey Honda civic in the parking lot here I still think that it's my car. Insurance paid me $12.5k for it.

So I needed a new car, because I need to get to work and back. I wanted a Subaru for the longest time, and wanted a Subaru when we purchased the Honda, but couldn't persuade family. Now it was my chance. I searched online for certified used vehicles, but many were out of my price range. One finally came up, it was a 2011 Subaru Impreza in white, with moonroof and blue toofs. 11K miles on it, no other issues, and about $15k. PERFECT. I scheduled an appointment to get the car, and was like 1/3 of the way there (60+ mile trip), when the dude calls me and says someone is already here and signing for it. I turned immediately back, went to my computer, checked out some new subies, and decided to impulse buy an Impreza limited. Get to the shop, the guy shows me this car, and tells me he can add a couple things onto it and maintain a good price for it. He did. Bought it.

I really don't deserve this car, but I love it and I'm going to take care of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Green checky thing added. Btw, parts of I-70/95/270/295 have 65-70mph limits. Hail Murrahlund.

Reactions: LP
There is a 2015 Impreza hatchback? I always thought the hatchback version of the Impreza was discontinued in 2011...

Congratulations for the car :)

Good looking car but needs moar nostril. ;)

So, is that Cube still for sale?

Green checky thing added. Btw, parts of I-70/95/270/295 have 65-70mph limits. Hail Murrahlund.

Really? I thought it was like 60 max everywhere. Good to know, and we should get a brew sometime. Anything but Natty Boh.

There is a 2015 Impreza hatchback? I always thought the hatchback version of the Impreza was discontinued in 2011...

Nope, they made more! And I'm glad, I would not have it without 5 doors. And thank you!

Good looking car but needs moar nostril. ;)

For now it's to take me to work and back, I don't need nor want a sports car in this pothole-riddled place.

So, is that Cube still for sale?

Sure, just uh, meet Fernando at 3:45 AM on the dot at the corner of 80th and Zayanta Drive. He'll be wearing a red cap and jeans. Use the code word "Kitty to the third power". Needless to say this is a cash-only transaction.

Edit: Also, my 7,777th post was about my new car. WOO!

Last edited:
It's winter, which means you must DRIFATRU!

Enjoy the car. The All-Weather-Package is a steal on these cars. I used to have a Subaru (I think that's my under my username, though in my defense, it was the drunk driver that killed it) and my mother and sister in CT each have their own. Enjoy many happy trouble-free miles on it! You'll love those Blizzacks during the winter.

Nice car!

It might be different outside the US but the hatchback was only discontinued for the WRX and STi.

Congratuwelldone!

It didn't come in colour, though? (yes, I know how hypocritical that sounds. :p)

Very very good choice. Great little car.

Congratuwelldone!

It didn't come in colour, though? (yes, I know how hypocritical that sounds. :p)

Well, when you buy used, your color options are limited, when buying new it's different (though most car manufacturers don't really give you much choice either)

NEMESIS

:tease:

Congrats. If you enjoy it half as much as I enjoy my Subaru, you're in for a treat.
The Impreza is no longer sold round here, so I ended up in its XV cousin.
The standard speaker upgrade is supposedly Kicker speakers, not Harmann Kardon.

It's winter, which means you must DRIFATRU!

Enjoy the car. The All-Weather-Package is a steal on these cars. I used to have a Subaru (I think that's my under my username, though in my defense, it was the drunk driver that killed it) and my mother and sister in CT each have their own. Enjoy many happy trouble-free miles on it! You'll love those Blizzacks during the winter.

Curses, drunk driver :shakefist:. I'm sorry to hear that. The mini must be super fun doe.

I've been hearing a lot of naysaying from people/know-it-alls that winter tires are not necessary for Baltimore, but I feel like, temperature drop + some snow and ice, make it worth it. Especially if I plan on driving somewhere up north where it does snow a lot more. I shouldn't be listening to her anyways, she's got a CRV and doesn't know the first thing about cars.

Nice car!

It might be different outside the US but the hatchback was only discontinued for the WRX and STi.

Thanks!

Nice.

GLHFDD.

DANKE! TYVMBBQ.

Congratuwelldone!

I wanted gun-metal gray, but my honderp was GMG and my dad's Nissan is GMG. Time to switch it up. The silver looks nice with the darker alloys. Plus, they gave me a good upgrade as I asked for a limited and they gave me a sport limited instead with the nicer screen, sportier look, roof rails, and leather seats :D

Very cool. I've been eyeballing the lifted version for a bit...

Do it! And Thanks!

Very very good choice. Great little car.

Thanks! It's a nice little car.

Well, when you buy used, your color options are limited, when buying new it's different (though most car manufacturers don't really give you much choice either)

The website also does no justice to the colors. It's nothing like seeing it in person. I thought the red looked super ugly and then someone on reddit showed me their red impreza and it looked pretty killer!

:p I'll still wave as I pass by!

Congrats. If you enjoy it half as much as I enjoy my Subaru, you're in for a treat.
The Impreza is no longer sold round here, so I ended up in its XV cousin.
The standard speaker upgrade is supposedly Kicker speakers, not Harmann Kardon.

The XV is nice. The alloys on it look killer as well. And I'm definitely enjoying it so far. My baby is in the shop right now getting the upgraded speakers (I don't know why the salesman said Harman Kardon either, I knew they were Kickers). Perhaps they threw something in for me? I really don't care, so long as they sound better!

Last edited:
AWD win: don't need no stinkin shovels to get my car out of my snowed-in parking space.