James May: LPE power gift for James May

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
I'm always like this :) The whole celebrity thing annoys me. I think that after you watch the guy on tv he goes home, you move on, and that's that.

If someone wants to send him a gift I've got nothing against it. I was just airing my view about such things.

It says in the first post that he's sending it to show his gratitude towards James and his 'toys shows'.

And I think it's cool. And the whole working engine/car thing is awesome!! Great work!

veyya

Not A Dude
Car(s)
Learning in... My dad's Holden Vectra. Um...
James had better be careful - we know what happens to things when they go on TG! (Lambo baubles, Nissan president, Bugatti aftershave...)
But fantastic, fantastic thing, that. Brilliant, knowing him he'll love it.

JakeRadden

Car(s)
2014 Mustang, 2015 Edge, 2015 Sonata
Can I just say:

These engines are fucking fantastic.

Period.

HeidiL

Not A Dude
Car(s)
Austin Mini
Shall I mention this to him next time he's on site at the lego house? I'm assuming that'll be Tuesday...

nicjasno

BMW Perfectionist
DONOR
Car(s)
'89 BMW E30 325iT, '95 BMW E36 318ti compact
I wouldn't know his address to start with. I contacted his agency, but am still waiting for an answer. If you have a top gear address it'd be ok too. But i guess there's no harm in mentioning it to him.

HeidiL

Not A Dude
Car(s)
Austin Mini
As IceBone said, it can't hurt to ask. I should be able to get the youtube video on my phone, so if I can find a suitable couple of minutes Tuesday, I'll show him and see where *he* says to send it.

nicjasno

BMW Perfectionist
DONOR
Car(s)
That would be excellent, thanks. :) Btw, the engine i made for him runs even smoother than the one in the video.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Tomorrow we're taking pics and maybe a new video (I don't have that cam anymore, though. :().

HeidiL

Not A Dude
Car(s)
Austin Mini
Well if you can email/PM me with the link to the new video, I'll do what I can to show James. I may not have the opportunity, as really I need to concentrate on the lego, and I don't generally like to hassle 'the talent' unless I have something relevant to say, but I think this counts. It'll basically depend how busy we both are. :)

nicjasno

BMW Perfectionist
DONOR
Car(s)

LindenChase

Brilliant!

Next thing, James is probably going to knick Lego from the house to build himself a life size Mustang. (Although I'm sure Ozgirl and HeidiL will stop him messing with their.. eh .. his house.) :D

nicjasno

BMW Perfectionist
DONOR
Car(s)
So. The day has arrived. The package goes in the mail, heading to the island. Here's some pics:

http://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/nicjasno/2009/09/02/DSC_1170.JPG
http://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/nicjasno/2009/09/02/DSC_1171.JPG
http://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/nicjasno/2009/09/02/DSC_1172.JPG